Audible

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search button but it did not do anything.

--
******
Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.

Gene

In a case like this, if you are in JAWS turn off the virtual pc cursor and if you are in NVDA, turn off browse mode.
If you move to the submit search button, then turn these items off, they are the same function but with different names,

Turn the function off, shift tab and you will find a combo edit field for searching.

Gene

On 10/3/2022 3:29 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
    In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search button but it did not do anything.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Robert,

To work around this:
1.  Press the B for button hot key and you should land on the search button.
2.  Switch to edit mode with insert + space bar.
3.  Press shift + tab to move to the search field and type in your search string.

This is a clumsy but usable work around for this site.

On 10/3/2022 4:29 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
    In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search button but it did not do anything.
--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Stan Bobbitt

Hi, I just do a control-home to get to the top of the page, hit the letter E for the nearest edit field, enter, and type in my search words.
Note: When you hit letter E for the edit field, you don't get any feedback from JAWS. Just hit enter and you'll be ready to conduct your search.

HTH,
StanB

1.  Press the B for button hot key and you should land on the search button.
2.  Switch to edit mode with insert + space bar.
3.  Press shift + tab to move to the search field and type in your
search string.

This is a clumsy but usable work around for this site.

On 10/3/2022 4:29 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
    In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way
of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is
gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search
button but it did not do anything.
--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Stan Bobbitt

Oops, sorry, I meant NVDA won't give any feedback.

1.  Press the B for button hot key and you should land on the search button.
2.  Switch to edit mode with insert + space bar.
3.  Press shift + tab to move to the search field and type in your
search string.

This is a clumsy but usable work around for this site.

On 10/3/2022 4:29 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
    In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way
of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is
gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search
button but it did not do anything.
--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Stan Bobbitt

Wow, it's way past my bedtime. Sorry about that folks. Please disregard all these replies.
StanB

Oops, sorry, I meant NVDA won't give any feedback.

1.  Press the B for button hot key and you should land on the search button.
2.  Switch to edit mode with insert + space bar.
3.  Press shift + tab to move to the search field and type in your
search string.

This is a clumsy but usable work around for this site.

On 10/3/2022 4:29 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
    In the past someone suggested hitting the advance button as a way
of finding usable edit field to do a search. the advance button is
gone. I tried the browse button with no results there was a search
button but it did not do anything.
--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

On the Audible site when you press e, you hear an announcement from NVDA that there is no edit field.  You are not moved from your starting position when you hear such announcements.  You need to move to the button and move back, as Ron described.

Gene

On 10/4/2022 12:05 AM, Stan Bobbitt wrote:

[...]

Abbie Taylor

Alternatively, if you use Google Chrome, after typing audible.com in the address bar, you can tab once, and you'll be in a search field. Type in your search term, and press Enter, and you should be taken directly to the results. This trick might work in other browsers, but don't quote me on that.

jamie coady

Audible’s site is difficult as they seam to have a few buttions in like a row. Normally I use the f key to find a forms field as it works 99.9 percent of the time. What you might want to try on audible if this does not work is go to the row of buttions above it and kind of control right arrow till your on the edit field then press enter. Always many ways of doing things and what ever way you can get to work for you. Many of the keys have functions that can help you to find things on web pages like b for button f for forms field c for combo box x for check box and so on. Almost every key can help you navigate in some way.

Sent from Mail for Windows