From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andre Fisher
Sent: September 15, 2021 8:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Audio ducking not supported?

Hi.

Just checking if others have had this issue. I upgraded to NVDA 2021.2 earlier today, and realised that audio ducking was no longer supported on my system. It was an installed copy, and even occured with add-ons disabled. I completely uninstalled NVDA, removed the user settings in the %appdata% folder, and reinstalled NVDA, with it still not supporting audio ducking. I restarted the PC after uninstall and reinstall, with no success. I finally decided to downgrade NVDA, something I have never done in all my years of using the software, and my audio ducking is now back and functioning properly with NVDA 2021.1.

Again I ask, am I alone in experiencing this? If no, I'll get right on a github issue to hopefully sort it out. I am using Windows 10 20H2 (x64) build 19042.928, by the way.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

I don't even have the setting available from anywhere. So, I can't turn it on or off. Narrator's ducking is working well, too. So, I just can't understand what could be the problem.

Chris Smart

Uh, you should have that setting. Press NVDA+CTRL+S and Tab through the dialog.