Topics

auto ducking

brice Mijares

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I can find this setting. Thank you.

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you use the command NVDA plus shift plus D, it will cycle you thru the ducking options.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:07 PM, brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I can find this setting. Thank you.

brice Mijares

Thank you very much. I really don't know if this is my problem, but my new HP laptop Pro drops in volume at times.

Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 (64-bit) build 19042.746

On 1/26/2021 10:20 AM, Greg Wocher wrote:
Hello,
If you use the command NVDA plus shift plus D, it will cycle you thru the ducking options.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:07 PM, brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I can find this setting. Thank you.

Sarah k Alawami

Try nvda control s. then tab to and choose the ducking feature. Next click ok. The section you are looking for is "auto ducking mode."

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I can find this setting. Thank you.

Sarah k Alawami

OH, woops? The steps I gave were a bit loner, but it will still get you to
the same location of sorts. There are so many commands, it is almost
imposible to memmorise. Lol!

If you use the command NVDA plus shift plus D, it will cycle you thru the
ducking options.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:07 PM, brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I
can find this setting. Thank you.

Sarah k Alawami

Go to the sound setting in your system tray, then check the communications tab and see if the do nothing radio button in that section is checked. If if it is not, check it and see if that helps a bit.

Thank you very much. I really don't know if this is my problem, but my new HP laptop Pro drops in volume at times.

Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 (64-bit) build 19042.746

On 1/26/2021 10:20 AM, Greg Wocher wrote:
Hello,
If you use the command NVDA plus shift plus D, it will cycle you thru the ducking options.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:07 PM, brice Mijares <bmijares33@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a setting in NVDA for auto ducking? if so, please explain where I can find this setting. Thank you.

brice Mijares

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.