Auto Numbering in Word and Outlook

Ralph Boersema

Dear Folks,

Is there any way to get NVDA to speak the numbers in auto numbered lists in Outlook or Word in Microsoft 365?

Warmly,

Ralph

Bob Cavanaugh

I'm using Office 365, and when I start typing a numbered list, I get
numbers. For instance, I just typed the following:
1. This is a test. I hit enter and NVDA said 2. What else are you needing?

On 6/7/22, Ralph Boersema <ralph@...> wrote:
Dear Folks,

Is there any way to get NVDA to speak the numbers in auto numbered lists in
Outlook or Word in Microsoft 365?

Warmly,

Ralph

Ralph Boersema

Dear Bob,

When I do the same, NVDA does not say these numbers to me. It's as if they are not there. If I copy the passage to notepad, the numbers are there, after all.

Ralph

I'm using Office 365, and when I start typing a numbered list, I get numbers. For instance, I just typed the following:
1. This is a test. I hit enter and NVDA said 2. What else are you needing?

On 6/7/22, Ralph Boersema <ralph@...> wrote:
Dear Folks,

Is there any way to get NVDA to speak the numbers in auto numbered
lists in Outlook or Word in Microsoft 365?

Warmly,

Ralph

Somehow on Windows 11 NVDA doesn't seem to read the next numberr when you press enter. I encountered this with a bulletted list too.
In addition, when navigating through the list, I have to use the ctrl+up/down arrow keys twice in order to get NVDA to move to the next list item. Not sure if it's due to UIA being turned on or what.