Automatically turning NVDA voice off in a specific program

dennis huckle

I use a scanning program called k1000.

Is there a configuration I can set up to turn the nvda voice off and use my braille display when k1000 starts and return the voice when the program ends.

Of course I could use spacebar dots 1 3 4 but would just like to try another method.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

NVDA+N,H,U  to open up the NVDA User Guide.

Then read section 12.4 - Configuration Profiles.  You want to set one up when you're actually using K1000 so that NVDA's voice is off.  It should default to automatic trigger if you do this so that anytime you have K1000 open and focus in the program NVDA's voice will be silenced.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon

dennis huckle

Many thanks Brian,

Really helpful as usual.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 19 May 2021 19:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] automatically turning nvda voice off in a spacific program

NVDA+N,H,U  to open up the NVDA User Guide.

Then read section 12.4 - Configuration Profiles.  You want to set one up when you're actually using K1000 so that NVDA's voice is off.  It should default to automatic trigger if you do this so that anytime you have K1000 open and focus in the program NVDA's voice will be silenced.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon