Automatically turning NVDA voice off in a specific program

dennis huckle

I use a scanning program called k1000.

Is there a configuration I can set up to turn the nvda voice off and use my braille display when k1000 starts and return the voice when the program ends.

Of course I could use spacebar dots 1 3 4 but would just like to try another method.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

NVDA+N,H,U  to open up the NVDA User Guide.

Then read section 12.4 - Configuration Profiles.  You want to set one up when you're actually using K1000 so that NVDA's voice is off.  It should default to automatic trigger if you do this so that anytime you have K1000 open and focus in the program NVDA's voice will be silenced.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

dennis huckle

Many thanks Brian,

Really helpful as usual.