Available free TTS that support NVDA 2022.1

William

Hi all,

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

mattias

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

coscell@...

How about make support to google tts? Speech services by google is open source.

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
You have espeak too
And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the
only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

Akash Kakkar

What? open source? Who said it?

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

William

ah right, but espeak is too mechanical.

mattias 於 2/6/2022 13:31 寫道:

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

coscell@...

Open your Android phone to see.

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:06:32 +0800 (CST)
From: 高生旺 <coscell@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
You have espeak too
And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts
Skickades från E-post för Windows
To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the
only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?
Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

I do like some of the voices in Edge, but is there a way to duplicate those? They seem better than the Microsoft native ones to me.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

I use Espeak Quincy for menus and other navigational things, but more natural sounding ones for reading long documents.
One thing that might be a nice add on would be the ability to save the speach to a sound file like several stand alone programs are supposed to do, but often are not very accessible.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
för Windows

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:06:32 +0800 (CST)
From: 高生旺 <coscell@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH
voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Sometimes I do use espeak if I need something like that, It will get my attention and it is loud, at times.  I do need that for some of the things I do.

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Those are neural voices, and that api is expensive as that processing is taking place online.

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:31:26 +0200
From: mattias <mjonsson1986@...>
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

You have espeak too

And maybe 4 years ago we had festival tts

Skickades från E-post för Windows

To my understanding, besides the native Windows OneCore, is RH voice
the

only available free option for TTS voices for NVDA?

Thanks.

Akash Kakkar

It is Live transcribe speech engine, not TTS.

there's a huge difference between both

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:06:32 +0800 (CST)
From: 高生旺 <coscell@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io