"Blank" in Google Sheets

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am currently using NVDA version 2021.2 with Microsoft Edge on
Windows 10 to access a spreadsheet in Google Sheets. I am positive
that this behaviour is exhibited by other browsers, including Firefox,
as well, as well as that screen reader support in Sheets is enabled.
When arrowing through the cells of a sheet, before reading any cell
(even non-empty ones), NVDA says "blank" prior to the cell's actual
contents. This means that I have to hear an extraneous word per cell
as I explore the sheet. I could create a temporary dictionary entry
that suppresses the speaking of "blank", but I was wondering the
following:
* Is there a way to properly resolve this issue?
* If not, is this a known bug in NVDA and/or GSheets?

I would greatly appreciate all inputs and suggestions in this regard.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024

Sarah k Alawami

Yep I was able to reproduce this a few weeks ago. I thought it fixed itself, I guess not anymore, or something rebroke? This under brave in my case.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.