Blind programmer mailing lists

Justin Harford

Greetings everyone

I am digging into learning about Python and command line, and I'm hoping to dig into some other programming topics also. I wanted to know if anybody could recommend any programmers mailing lists for me to sign up for where I could ask entry-level blind programmer questions. Things like how to make eclipse work with NVDA, or suggestions for accessible online learning resources (I'm currently using codecademy which is spotty on accessibility, but I have been able to get about halfway through the beginner Python course.)

Regards
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
Program Coordinator (NCDE)
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
132 E Broadway Suite 343
Eugene OR 97401
541-343-1284 ext 1014 (voice)
jharford@... (email)

Jackie

blank msg w/subscribe in the subject line to:
program dash l dash request at freelists dot org
(email munged to prevent spam harvesting).

On 1/10/22, Justin Harford <jharford@miusa.org> wrote:
Greetings everyone

I am digging into learning about Python and command line, and I'm hoping to
dig into some other programming topics also. I wanted to know if anybody
could recommend any programmers mailing lists for me to sign up for where I
could ask entry-level blind programmer questions. Things like how to make
eclipse work with NVDA, or suggestions for accessible online learning
resources (I'm currently using codecademy which is spotty on accessibility,
but I have been able to get about halfway through the beginner Python
course.)

Regards
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
Program Coordinator (NCDE)
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
132 E Broadway Suite 343
Eugene OR 97401
541-343-1284 <http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B15413431284>ext 1014
(voice)
jharford@miusa.org (email)

As a side note, when it comes to freelists.org and lists you may be interested in, it is always worth going to their list search page and doing your own search.

One that I found there on a search for "blind programmer" is pyblind, which is for blind Python programmers.  A search on "blind programming" would probably have a lot of overlap, with some groups not shared with the "blind programmer" search.

The pyblind list, if it's active (that I didn't check) would be a good resource for someone interested in "the nuts and bolts" that underpin NVDA.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Hi,

Actually, I concur with Jackie - program-l is much better and is a general programming list for blind developers. The list does receive Python questions from time to time.

Cheers,

Joseph

Justin Harford

Hello all. Thank you for your help with this. I have joined that listserv.