Bluetooth Audio Addon

Konnie Ellis

This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the first letter.

For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low, in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal long term solution.

Konnie Ellis

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

You may wish to try silenzio, this has solved the bluetooth issue for me. It's available at:

https://dl.canadialog.com/support/download/software/silenzio/Silenzio_2.1_setup.exe

The blog article describing the program is at:

https://www.canadialog.com/articles/3411/the-sound-of-your-screen-reader-is-poor-and-sluggish-see-how-to-fix-it#site-navigation

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:

This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the first letter.

For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low, in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal long term solution.

Konnie Ellis

Konnie Ellis

Awsome, that fixed the problem! Many thanks.

Konnie

You may wish to try silenzio, this has solved the bluetooth issue for me. It's available at:

https://dl.canadialog.com/support/download/software/silenzio/Silenzio_2.1_setup.exe

The blog article describing the program is at:

https://www.canadialog.com/articles/3411/the-sound-of-your-screen-reader-is-poor-and-sluggish-see-how-to-fix-it#site-navigation

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:

This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the first letter.

For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low, in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal long term solution.

Konnie Ellis

Gene

Try Silenzio.

That is a direct download link.  I haven’t used it. This brief discussion may tell you what you need to know.  Go to
and search for silenzio from the top of the page.  You will find a brief discussion of the utility.

Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 12:53 PM
Subject: [nvda] Bluetooth Audio Addon

This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the first letter.

For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low, in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal long term solution.

Konnie Ellis

Kevin Cussick

sadly it did not work for me either. and the other app Silenzio so I just went back to a usb head set and this works.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:
This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.
This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the first letter.
For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low, in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal long term solution.
Konnie Ellis

benmoxey@...

Hi everyone

Tony's Bluetooth add-on is still working perfectly for me. I've tested it on two machines with two different Bluetooth headsets.

Make sure you're running the latest version of NVDA (2021.1) and the latest version of the add-on from the official NVDA add-ons page:

Bluetooth Audio Add-On

Note that it is also working with the NVDA 2021.2 RC1 release.

All the best.

Ben

sadly it did not work for me either. and the other app Silenzio so I just went back to a usb head set and this works.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:

> This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

> This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of

> Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the

> first letter.

> For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low,

> in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal

> long term solution.

> Konnie Ellis

Konnie Ellis

I do have the latest NVDA update. This is the link where I got the addon: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

If you want to send the  direct link that I should’ve used, feel free, and I may give it a try, since the installation process was easier than Silenzio.

At any rate, things are working fine for me, now that I installed Silenzio, once I finally got past the Microsoft and then Windows warnings not to install. LOL.

When I reboot, it doesn’t seem to be working before the log-in screen, even though I checked that option.

Konnie

sadly it did not work for me either. and the other app Silenzio so I just went back to a usb head set and this works.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:

> This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

> This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of

> Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the

> first letter.

> For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low,

> in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal

> long term solution.

> Konnie Ellis

benmoxey@...

Hey Konnie

The link was in my email, but it’s exactly the same as yours. You could try removing it from the Tools/Manage add-ons section and re-installing a fresh copy.

The nice thing about Silenzio is that it will keep your Bluetooth headset alive, even when you’re not running NVDA. This is great if you need to use Narrator etc.

Best of luck!

Cheers

Ben

sadly it did not work for me either. and the other app Silenzio so I just went back to a usb head set and this works.

On 12/09/2021 18:53, Konnie Ellis wrote:

> This message is for the addon creator, Tony Malykh.

> This addon does not work on my PC. I used several different kinds of

> Bluetooth headsets, but NVDA is still cutting out and not speaking the

> first letter.

> For now, I’m just playing random audio files with the volume very low,

> in order to keep NVDA from cutting out, but that is not a very ideal

> long term solution.

> Konnie Ellis

Bobby

I was wondering if Silenzio can be used out of the box or do you have to change settings and what does it do to your sound cards?