Topics

Bluetooth Braille Displays Keep Dropping

Rob Hudson

Windows 1809 Build 17763.134, NVDA 2018.3.2, generic bluetooth drivers by Microsoft.
The displays used here are a Handy Tech Basic Braille and a Braille Sense QWERTY.
I'm not sure if this is a protocol problem, a windows problem, or an NVDA problem, and am unsure about how to debug it. When I set up the display(s) to connect via bluetooth, NVDA sees them for a while. Then, without warning, the connection to the display just disappears, and NVDA reverts to
No Braille
Would a NVDA log be helfpul in a situation like this?
I can go back into the settings dialog and set the display again, but then five to twenty minutes later, bang. Back to no braille again.

Iván Novegil

A Spanish NVDA user has reported through the local mailing list a similar behavior, in this case with a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation display connected both by USB and Bluetooth. I have the same braille display than him (firmware 5.81-40) on Windows 10 1803 with NVDA 2018.4beta3 and I am unable to reproduce your problem; in fact, if I switch off and on the display, without restarting NVDA during the process, it remains getting info from NVDA.

The only pattern I can see is the Windows version. I have just asked this user if he is using 1809 as well. I'm using 1803, and that may be the reason why I cannot reproduce this problem.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 06/12/2018 á(s) 12:30, Rob Hudson escribiu:

Windows 1809 Build 17763.134, NVDA 2018.3.2, generic bluetooth drivers by Microsoft.
The displays used here are a Handy Tech Basic Braille and a Braille Sense QWERTY.
I'm not sure if this is a protocol problem, a windows problem, or an NVDA problem, and am unsure about how to debug it. When I set up the display(s) to connect via bluetooth, NVDA sees them for a while. Then, without warning, the connection to the display just disappears, and NVDA reverts to
No Braille
Would a NVDA log be helfpul in a situation like this?
I can go back into the settings dialog and set the display again, but then five to twenty minutes later, bang. Back to no braille again.

Iván Novegil

The user with the problem has Windows 1803, so that's not likely to be the cause.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 06/12/2018 á(s) 14:02, Iván Novegil via Groups.Io escribiu: