bluetooth earbuds win10 audio occational twitchiness, issue with NVDA?

David Mehler

Hello,

I am using Win10 21h1 I think and the latest NVDA release I know. I
just got a pair of new bluetooth earbuds, e10 true wireless, and NVDA
is occationally stuttering through them, both in what it reads back
and sluggishness in keyboard input. I'm about three feet away from the
machine, both of machine's bluetooth transmitter and the e10s are
bt5x I believe. Are there any anyn NVDA audio settings I should look
into or any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Dave.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 10:36 PM, David Mehler wrote:
I am using Win10 21h1 I think
-
If the dialog that comes up for the winver command shows you are indeed still on 21H1, then go to the Microsoft 10 download page and use the update assistant to get on to 21H2.  Everyone is supposed to be at 21H2 by this point.

But to be honest, I doubt that the Windows 10 version is really relevant.  I can't say exactly when, but it's some months back (so after I had 21H2 for some time) my Bluetooth hearing aids suddenly stutter and cut out when paired with my computer.  They don't do this when paired with my smartphone.  I have no idea what changed, but something seems to have gone off with Bluetooth and certain wireless audio devices.

But if you're not on Windows 10 Version 21H2 it's worth getting up to date, as there's a possibility that it might fix something.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks. Sorry mistake on my part, winver is 21h2. I haven't been out
yet and paired theses with my phone, but I'm expecting no issues.

I've run a windows update and this machine is fully updated.

Other suggestions welcome, this stuttering and sluggishness with the
keyboard is annoying.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

I gave up with bluetooth due to the latency, and all that. It works reasonably on an Iphone but my guess is that its either the inbuilt bluetooth on the pc, or any kind of plugged in transmitter that causes these hiccups and delays.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

It's a plug-in transmitter. Since this is now not
NVDA-relevant/specific I'm going to move this to the win10 list.

Thanks.
Dave.