Bookworm Version that's NVDA & JAWS Accessible?

Diane K.

I am interested in getting the Bookworm program to use with NVDA and JAWS.  I think I have an older version because I tried it with both programs and wasn't very successful much with either one.  I had the message with another site where I could get  bookworm but I think I think it was deleted.  Could someone please send me that other website,please?  You can send it to this e-mail address if you wish to instead of the list.

Thanks very much. Help is very much appreciated.

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
Not sure what you mean by it was not so accessible provided that the developer is a screen reader user himself.
It is one of the most accessible readers out there. You can get it from the following link:
good luck.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 4:11 PM Diane K. <dianehomemaker@...> wrote:
I am interested in getting the Bookworm program to use with NVDA and JAWS.  I think I have an older version because I tried it with both programs and wasn't very successful much with either one.  I had the message with another site where I could get  bookworm but I think I think it was deleted.  Could someone please send me that other website,please?  You can send it to this e-mail address if you wish to instead of the list.

Thanks very much. Help is very much appreciated.

Diane K.

I think I said in my message, I had a much older version of bookworm.  I didn't know it was an ongoing program.  Thank you ver much for telling me the link.  I'm going to install it now.  I have lots of books and I wish to read them on my Braille display.

Thanks again.

On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 04:45 PM, Diane K. wrote:
I think I said in my message, I had a much older version of bookworm.  I didn't know it was an ongoing program.
-
Yet another example of why keeping up-to-date matters.  I've always said that old stuff eventually "becomes rickety" and it appears that even Bookworm followed that pattern as it aged.  And that's a program focused on the blind community.

The writers of that software have to "go with the ongoing flow" just like everyone else does if they wish to remain viable in the world of computing.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed