Braille Displays and File Explorer

Pele West

Hello Everyone

I am running the latest versions of Windows 10 and NVDA. When I reinstalled NVDA yesterday it reminded me of something I have meant to ask for a long time.

I use a Humanware Brailliant 64 braille display, but I think that is irrelevant.

I have File Explorer set to Details view. This means I see the name of the file and move the arrow to the right to see the different columns.
Sometimes the name of the file is shown twice on the braille display. This means that, if it is necessary to rename a file, it is the righthand name that has to be changed.

Is there a braille display setting that would stop this from happening so that I would only see the file name once?

Thanks

Pele West

Brian's Mail list account

Do you have the tooltips or whatever its called now on, kind of equivalent to what a sighted person sees when hovering?
I don't use Braille myself, but I've heard of this from others. If that is not the issue, then I'll let somebody else answer it.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'