Topics

braille teathered to focus

ken lawrence

Hi list from time to time on NVDA for reasons I’m not clear on when I do an insert T to read a title window I will instead of that window hear NVDA say “braille teathered to focus.  I was launching a browser. And to correct this I had to shutdown then restart NVDA explorer for some reason crashes my screen reader.  While I don’t use it accept for very basic stuff and while chrome is my default it’s still a bit strange since I don’t have a braille display here anyone know wht is happening and why NVDA is giving me information on something that doesn’t apply to me. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

I had that issue yesterday actually. I thought it was just me. In fact I'm having way more issues than that but I'll address them later but I can reproduce that one at random. I just got 1093 by the way. I think when it happened yesterday I was trying to check the title of something.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2019, at 14:40, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi list from time to time on NVDA for reasons I’m not clear on when I do an insert T to read a title window I will instead of that window hear NVDA say “braille teathered to focus.  I was launching a browser. And to correct this I had to shutdown then restart NVDA explorer for some reason crashes my screen reader.  While I don’t use it accept for very basic stuff and while chrome is my default it’s still a bit strange since I don’t have a braille display here anyone know wht is happening and why NVDA is giving me information on something that doesn’t apply to me. 

Gene

You are either using NVDA control or the NVDA key is stuck.

This is a command that can be changed, whether a Braille display is being used or not.  It is an NVDA option about how a Braille display functions but it is always available.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 4:40 PM
Subject: [nvda] braille teathered to focus

Gene

Then there appears to be a bug in the latest beta that is causing the NVDA key to get stuck. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille teathered to focus

I had that issue yesterday actually. I thought it was just me. In fact I'm having way more issues than that but I'll address them later but I can reproduce that one at random. I just got 1093 by the way. I think when it happened yesterday I was trying to check the title of something.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

prem.translator@...

I face this problem too. However, it doesn't need to restart NVDA. For me, just press ctrl (control) again and again (only a few times), then use insert + t to read a Title as usual. 

Sarah k Alawami

I just had the issue yesterday. I was trying to check the title of a window so hit nvda t and I heard the message in theesubject line. Here is the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ieqhu4nqm636tin/nvda-old.log?dl=0

Restarting helped but just thought I'd send the log here.

Thanks.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sarah,

The last error in there is from an add-on called "JGT"?  There is also an error for Remote and one for Weather Plus.

It would be worth first updating all those to the latest versions (or getting rid of them if you don't use them).  If that doesn't work, try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled - press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "restart with add-ons disabled" and press enter - and see whether the issue persists without add-ons.

Quentin.

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 1:28 AM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I just had the issue yesterday. I was trying to check the title of a window so hit nvda t and I heard the message in theesubject line. Here is the log.

Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

Sarah k Alawami

No the issues don't happen with add ons disabled. I am running the latest of everything by the way.

On 10 Jun 2019, at 20:49, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Sarah,

The last error in there is from an add-on called "JGT"?  There is also an error for Remote and one for Weather Plus.

It would be worth first updating all those to the latest versions (or getting rid of them if you don't use them).  If that doesn't work, try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled - press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "restart with add-ons disabled" and press enter - and see whether the issue persists without add-ons.

Quentin.

Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Ok, that narrows down the culprit to almost certainly being an add-on.  Reading the other threads, I think you said you were using the add-on updater and had everything up to date.  I'm not sure if that JGT one is in there, so double check that one and maybe try disabling it.  Have you updated the weather add-on lately?  Basically, I'd next try disabling all your add-ons, then re-enable them one at a time and see when the problems come back.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:55 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

No the issues don't happen with add ons disabled. I am running the latest of everything by the way.

Hi Sarah,

Quentin.

Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Sarah k Alawami

No the jgt add on is not ther as it is not an official add on. Te last time it was updatd I think was about 2 years ago so 'I'm surprised it works.

On 10 Jun 2019, at 21:15, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Ok, that narrows down the culprit to almost certainly being an add-on.  Reading the other threads, I think you said you were using the add-on updater and had everything up to date.  I'm not sure if that JGT one is in there, so double check that one and maybe try disabling it.  Have you updated the weather add-on lately?  Basically, I'd next try disabling all your add-ons, then re-enable them one at a time and see when the problems come back.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:55 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Hi Sarah,

Quentin.

Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen