Brailliant 32 maths input query

Jane Sharp

Hi

I’m using a Humanware Brailliant 32 with NVDA, with the Braille Extender Add-on installed. When brailling into Notepad it works just fine for letters but when I try and braille maths I have to leave a space between each character or press the dots for the first braille cell twice. So for example, if I want 3(x+4), I would have to press 3456 twice followed by 14 to get number sign 3, then press dot 5 twice followed by 126 to get left paren etc. or leave a space between each character. Can anyone suggest how I can change this behaviour?

Jane

Jonathan COHN

What are your Braille input and output modes set to?
I am wondering if perhaps NVDA is trying to do Nemeth math, or if input is computer braille and output is UEB?

Jane Sharp

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for your reply. In the NVDA settings, I have input and output set to UEB grade 1. Braille Extender seems to have its own settings though and I’m struggling to change these - any tips?

Jane