Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:53 AM
Subject: [nvda] Broken Table Function: NFL Standings On ESPN Website Are Unreadable

Hi Group,

If you visit the following URL: https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings, you
will see that trying to navigate the standings for the National Football
League using standard navigation keystrokes (control + alt + left/right
arrows and control + alt + up/down arrows) does not work.  You stay in
the first column and can't move to any other columns.

Does anyone else experience this and if so, is this a known bug?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Maybe there is a better site, and I don't know if this suggestion will make the site useable enough to bother but you could have the page opened in two browsers.  One could be on the names, the other could be in the numberz table.  You could move down the names in one browser, alt tab to the other, and find the numbers that correspond.
For example, move five names from the top and in the numbers table. move five sets of numbers down.

As is often the case when working with tables, it’s a site problem.  If you try to move while on a name, you will hear NVDA announce edge of table.
If you are in the numbers, you can move.  The numbers are a separate table.  For some unfathomable reason, the names are in their own table.  Visually, it may look identical but it isn't.

Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:53 AM

Hi Group,

If you visit the following URL: https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings, you
will see that trying to navigate the standings for the National Football
League using standard navigation keystrokes (control + alt + left/right
arrows and control + alt + up/down arrows) does not work.  You stay in
the first column and can't move to any other columns.

Does anyone else experience this and if so, is this a known bug?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Richard Turner

Very strange web design.
On my iPhone, I can run my finger down the left side and find a team I'm interested in, then, if I can slide my finger in a straight line to the right, I can get the numbers; of course, I don't hear the column title as I move.

With Jaws, there is only one table mentioned and that is the one with numbers, seemingly unrelated to any team.
Try this one, it seems better:
https://www.nfl.com/standings

Another one is:
https://www.scoreboard.com/nfl/standings/