Can I make a portable

Howard Traxler

Got the new one this morning.  Wonder if I can set up a portable copy to be sure not to destroy what I have working on my installed one?

Thanks.
Howard

Roger Stewart

Sure you can. Just choose create portable copy and type in the path where you want it made.  You'll need to go to that folder, choose the nvda.exe and then exit your currentinstalled version and then just hit enter on the .exe file and your portable copy will be running. I did this with the RC 2 version so I could test out add-ons.

Roger

On 7/12/2021 9:59 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Got the new one this morning.  Wonder if I can set up a portable copy to be sure not to destroy what I have working on my installed one?

Thanks.
Howard

Howard Traxler

Thanks Roger.  I have some add-ons that I don't want to loose; so I need to try out new ones before I scrap the old.

<HT> WA9RYF

On 7/12/2021 10:04 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Sure you can. Just choose create portable copy and type in the path where you want it made.  You'll need to go to that folder, choose the nvda.exe and then exit your currentinstalled version and then just hit enter on the .exe file and your portable copy will be running. I did this with the RC 2 version so I could test out add-ons.

Roger

On 7/12/2021 9:59 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Got the new one this morning.  Wonder if I can set up a portable copy to be sure not to destroy what I have working on my installed one?

Thanks.
Howard

Gene

But select a folder that has no other files in it.  Often such features create their own folder in the folder you choose but NVDa doesn’t.  It should.  If someone expects this behavior and simply selects a folder with other files in it, NVDA files will be mixed in with whatever other files are in the folder.

Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can I make a portable