Can NVDA be used on a PC with two monitors?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I will be using NVDA 2020.4 on a Windows 10 PC that has two monitors.  Can NVDA be used on this PC?  Is there somewhere I can read about using NVDA with two monitors?

Thanks!

Richard

Quentin Christensen

I haven't done it in awhile, but from memory it should work fine - NVDA will follow the system focus - whether you use one or two monitors, the system focus is still the same - it's just a handy way of having multiple windows visible at once (for those who like that sort of thing).

If you do have any issues with it, once you get it up and running, please do let us know.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Monte Single

The last three years I worked in public schools,  I was using an hp laptop and I had  a monitor mouse and keyboard attached to the laptop so the student I  was working with  could participate in the lesson.

At that time  I was   using current versions of windows, office, nvda  and some on-line web sites  featuring software for beginner to intermediate reading skills.

The only time   I experienced any problems with nvda,  was when the school network did updates originating from central office.

[...]

Luke Davis

I did it once and had no problem with it.
I assume you mean extended desktop mode, as opposed to mirror mode.

If you're talking about mirror mode, I can't say that I've tried that. If the screens were of different resolution, I'm not really sure what might happen, but it would probably still work fine.

Luke

Richard B. McDonald

Yes, Luke, I mean extended desktop mode. Thanks!

I did it once and had no problem with it.
I assume you mean extended desktop mode, as opposed to mirror mode.

If you're talking about mirror mode, I can't say that I've tried that. If
the screens were of different resolution, I'm not really sure what might
happen, but it would probably still work fine.

Luke

Richard B. McDonald

OK, great and will do!  And, yes, it is me from our project with Michael ; )