Topics

Can NVDA has a function to detect hotkey conflict when installing addon

William Wong

Hi,

For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.

Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?

Thanks.

Luke Davis

I agree that this should be done in some form.

I could not find an existing issue about this, although there are several possible ways to phrase it, so there may be one.

You should post a feature request at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

If there is one already, that will probably be pointed out.

Luke

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, William Wong wrote:

For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.

Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?

William Wong

Ok, I have posted there.

Luke Davis 於 13/6/2020 4:17 寫道:

I agree that this should be done in some form.

I could not find an existing issue about this, although there are several possible ways to phrase it, so there may be one.

You should post a feature request at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

If there is one already, that will probably be pointed out.

Luke

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, William Wong wrote:

For example first installed clipcontent designer

then install goldern cursor,

pressing nvda win c would not be able to added to the clipboard, but adjust the cursor movment unit instead.

Can this be promted when addon is being installed has hotkey that conflict with the current one?

Luke Davis

For anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, please post your thoughts on the issue. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11255

Luke

William Wong

Luke, thanks for promoting the issue.

But is it really a repeated issue?

Luke Davis 於 13/6/2020 15:40 寫道:

For anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, please post your thoughts on the issue. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11255

Luke

Luke Davis

I really don't know. I thought I had seen discussion of it before, but I couldn't find it, which is why I suggested you post it.

We will find out, and either way, it's out there now.

Luke

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020, William Wong wrote:

Luke, thanks for promoting the issue.

But is it really a repeated issue?

Hi all,

This was discussed before: