Topics

can't get nvda remote to work

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn

Jackie

Check your firewall/router?

On 5/5/20, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:
Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't
work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote
to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect
to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I
have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience
with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn

Luke Davis

Glenn

You said you are using "nvdaremote" for the host. I don't know if you meant that literally, but if so, be aware that it should be "nvdaremote.com".

You were probably just using shorthand there, but I have seen such seemingly obvious oversights cripple many hours of productivity as well, so thought I would point it out.

Luke