Topics

can't get nvda remote to work

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn

Jackie

Check your firewall/router?

On 5/5/20, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:
Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't
work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote
to work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect
to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I
have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience
with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn

--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Luke Davis

Glenn

You said you are using "nvdaremote" for the host. I don't know if you meant that literally, but if so, be aware that it should be "nvdaremote.com".

You were probably just using shorthand there, but I have seen such seemingly obvious oversights cripple many hours of productivity as well, so thought I would point it out.

Luke

On Tue, 5 May 2020, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Hi,
I could not get NVDA remote to work, so I updated the add-on and it didn't work, so I updated NVDA and it still did not work, so I updated the remote to
work with the latest NVDA, and it still tells me that it cannot connect to the remote server.
I am using nvdaremote for the host, and I have tried generating a key and I have made up a 4-digit key and nothing works.
I used to use this all the time, so it isn't from me not having experience with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Glenn