can't install Bookworm

john s

I can't install Bookworm. I get an error, saying I'm missing a *.dll file.

John

Gene

Does the error message give the name of the DLL file?  If so, you can find it online but I don't know what sites are safe to get it from.

Gene

On 5/1/2022 7:48 PM, john s wrote:
I can't install Bookworm.  I get an error, saying I'm missing a *.dll file.

                John

john s

Gene, it gives the name as api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.  Another error message mentions python39.dll.

On 5/1/2022 7:48 PM, john s wrote:
I can't install Bookworm.  I get an error, saying I'm missing a *.dll file.

                John

                 John

Rowen Cary

Hi, most critically, you didn't provide your OS version. Since Bookworm uses Python 3.9 this means you cannot use the application on Windows 7.

Thanks

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is installed and updated.
good luck.

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 5:49 AM Rowen Cary <manchen_0528@...> wrote:

Hi, most critically, you didn't provide your OS version. Since Bookworm uses Python 3.9 this means you cannot use the application on Windows 7.

Thanks

john s

You are right; I didn't think to provide my OS.   I'm running win 7.