Topics

can't read the what's new from the help menu

Bobby Vinton

Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Bobby Vinton

Sorry I ment nvda 2019.3 rc 2.  I left a fiew words out.

On 2/3/2020 1:31 PM, Bobby Vinton via Groups.Io wrote:
Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might have to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

ben <swigjr23@...>

It works fine here.

The page opens right up in Firefox.

Ben

Hi

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might have to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Bobby Vinton

Got it to work.  I just ad to tell nvda what browser to use to open the page.  Thank you all very much.  Now every thing is working again.

On 2/3/2020 3:50 PM, ben wrote:
It works fine here.

The page opens right up in Firefox.

Ben

Hi

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might have to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Gene

What happens when you follow a link in an e-mail or type an Internet address in the run dialog and open a web page in that way?  I have always found that help information in NVDA opens using the default browser.  If previous versions of NVDA work properly in this respecgt and this one doesn’t, then there may be a problem with what NVDA does.  If not, and if other things I’ve discussed don’t work properly, then there is a ;problem with Windows not knowing which browser is the default.

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2020 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't read the what's new from the help menu

Hi

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might have
to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
> Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new
> with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read
> the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug
> fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Rosemarie Chavarria

It works fine here too. I'm using waterfox.

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might
have to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it
from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new
with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not
read the what's new at all. I was wondering when you will have this
bug fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Bobby Vinton

Well I got it to work by telling windows what browser to use.  Some times windows doesn't know your default browser.  I want to thank every one on this list for all your help.  Every one was correct.

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2020 2:14 PM

Hi

Is it associated with the browser or a browser.

What may happen is when you go into the whats new section you might have
to tell it what browser to use and check the box so it does it from then on.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2020 7:31 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
> Hay I am running nvda 2019 rc 2 and when I try to read the what's new
> with the help menu nvda will just go back to the desk top and not read
> the what's new at all.  I was wondering when you will have this bug
> fixed or did any one know about the issue?

Quentin Christensen

Glad you got it working.  Do let us know if you have any issues with the RC itself.

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2020 2:14 PM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager