Topics

can't record my screen reeder and my voice

Bobby <bvinton@...>

I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a usb microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I can only record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come through at all please help me

Laughing Thunder

It depends on what recording software you are using, but try looking for an option like stereo mix in your list of recording devices. It's unlikely that this is an NVDA-specific issue.

On 3/18/2016 1:46 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a usb
microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I can only
record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come through
at all please help me

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

Try Virtual Recorder. In the output device conbo box, select "Both." Tab until you hear "Record button."

----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build 1280

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created. This group is for general chat, which means that
if you are blind, you can join this group!
--------------------------------

It depends on what recording software you are using, but try looking for
an option like stereo mix in your list of recording devices. It's
unlikely that this is an NVDA-specific issue.

On 3/18/2016 1:46 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a usb
microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I can only
record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come through
at all please help me

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

Never mind. If you can use stereo mix, try using stereo mix.

----
[...]

To subscribe, send a blank email to
blind-chat+subscribe@groups.io
--------------------------------

It depends on what recording software you are using, but try
looking for
an option like stereo mix in your list of recording devices.
It's
unlikely that this is an NVDA-specific issue.

On 3/18/2016 1:46 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a
usb
microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I
can only
record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come
through
at all please help me

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well is this program free

On 3/18/2016 5:28 PM, Armando wrote:
[...]

Yes. It is free. You can download it from here.
http://opopanax.net/download/SetupVirtualRecorder.exe
----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build 1280

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created. This group is for general chat, which means that
if you are blind, you can join this group!
--------------------------------

It depends on what recording software you are using, but try looking for
an option like stereo mix in your list of recording devices. It's
unlikely that this is an NVDA-specific issue.

On 3/18/2016 1:46 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a usb
microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I can only
record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come through
at all please help me

Gene

The download link for the installed version is
and the download link for the portable version is

A very good illustration of why links that aren't obvious should not be written from memory.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 7:21 PM

HTTP 404 Not Found

On 3/18/2016 5:12 PM, Armando wrote:
> Yes. It is free.  You can download it from here.
> http://opopanax.net/download/SetupVirtualRecorder.exe
> ----
> Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build 1280

> Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be
> approved and email messages being approved or rejected.
>
> You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created. This
> group is for general chat, which means that
> if you are blind, you can join this group!
> --------------------------------

Chris Mullins

I haven't done it using a USB microphone, just a standard plug-in jack type,
but try opening your sound card properties interface, go to the recording
properties tab and press enter on the microphone properties button. This
opens a multi-page dialog and on the second tab there is a "listen to this
device' check box which you should check, tab to ok then close the sound
card interface. You should now be able to hear your own voice through the
speakers/headphones. I don't know what software you are recording with, I
use Audacity and set the input source to speakers (loopback).

Cheers
Chris

It depends on what recording software you are using, but try looking for an
option like stereo mix in your list of recording devices.
It's
unlikely that this is an NVDA-specific issue.

On 3/18/2016 1:46 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am using nvda and I am trying to do a pod cast butt I have a usb
microphone. I just got this microphone and the good news is I can only
record my screen reader butt the bad news is my voice won't come through at
all please help me

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well I am using audacity as well I just did that and it works very well.