Topics

Can the "highlight browse mode cursor" feature be customized (color)?

glen.walker@...

It's nice that the "focus highlight" addon is implemented directly in NVDA now, as of 2019.3.  Github issue 9064 notes, "The current highlighter colors might be difficult for some people to see. In the future, I'd like this to be configurable."

Having the color configurable in the settings dialog is obviously ideal but in the meantime is there a config file somewhere that could be manually changed to control the color?  Specifically, the browse mode cursor is a yellow rectangle by default.  Since many webpages have a white background, the yellow is difficult to see (as noted in github).  I'm hoping the highlight colors aren't hardcoded into the app but rather come from a config file.