Topics

Cannot get past, "please register this," when launching NVDA!

Mike <mrmikie273@...>

Keep getting please register this when I launch NVDA. Cannot get to menus or anything else. I had old version of NVDA I removed. Then installed the latest NVDA. Did not help. Using windows 10, Also JAWS.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Sarah k Alawami

Did you uninstall all of the add ons? Sounds like a synth that never got uninstalled in the mix. I forgot where the add ons folder is, but completely uninstall, remove the add ons and settings folders for nvda, restart, launch narrator and find and launch the nvda installer.

On 23 Oct 2020, at 6:17, Mike wrote:

Keep getting please register this when I launch NVDA. Cannot get to menus or anything else. I had old version of NVDA I removed. Then installed the latest NVDA. Did not help. Using windows 10, Also JAWS.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Chris

You may want to try using the com registration tool found under the nvda tools menu

Or the installation directory of nvda if that is not possible

Keep getting please register this when I launch NVDA. Cannot get to menus or anything else. I had old version of NVDA I removed. Then installed the latest NVDA. Did not help. Using windows 10, Also JAWS.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Gene

The please register this must refer to a synthessizer that your NVDA is using. If you get that message and the command NVDA key control r pressed three times rapidly, You may hold control and nvda key and type r quickly three times, doesn't restore NVDA to its defaults so the default synthesizer can run, then you may have to delete something else, such as your synthesizer or your NVDA settings so it will start using defaults.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2020 8:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Keep getting please register this when I launch NVDA. Cannot get to menus or anything else. I had old version of NVDA I removed. Then installed the latest NVDA. Did not help. Using windows 10, Also JAWS.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Quentin Christensen

If anyone does encounter this issue, it would be great if you could confirm please that pressing NVDA+control+r three times quickly DOES resolve it?  It should, as it should revert to Windows OneCore voices on Windows 10 (or eSpeak-NG on earlier versions of Windows).  I haven't actually tried it myself though to test the theory.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager