Carousels/Sliders and NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Recently, I have run into a number of pages that use Carousel/slider animated graphics.  When I move using the cursor down the page of such sites, the text associated with the carousel/slider images reads constantly at the end of lines or when you pause the reading.

What can be done to rectify this situation?  What should I tell web developers as to how to code in order to alleviate the issue for screen reader users?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Bob Cavanaugh

I agree with you that this can be annoying, though I do not encounter it on all that many sites. Usually, search announcements are caused by a slideshow, and there is a button to pause it said slideshow on the website. However, there should be a way to stop a screen reader from reading these automatically.