Topics

CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS

Christo Vorster <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>

Edited

Hi List

I need to change my email address. I haven’t done that ever, so I need help to do that. Can someone please advise me how to go about this little problem.

Regards

Christo,

           I am happy to help with that, but am I safe in presuming you mean for Groups.io?   And, if that presumption is safe, that you are subscribed to multiple groups on Groups.io?

           If you were to be subscribed to only one or two, simply unsubscribing and resubscribing would be the "quick and dirty" method of achieving your goal with ease.  But if you're subscribed to many groups you want to do this through your Groups.io account, instead.  Knowing the situation would be helpful.

           And before anyone says, and they would be right, that this is not NVDA-related, it is related to using Groups.io effectively, and historically we have allowed questions and answers regarding that because it benefits everyone to have this information as a Groups.io member.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Christo Vorster <christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the help. I am only subscribed to the NVDA group.

           I am happy to help with that, but am I safe in presuming you mean for Groups.io?   And, if that presumption is safe, that you are subscribed to multiple groups on Groups.io?

           If you were to be subscribed to only one or two, simply unsubscribing and resubscribing would be the "quick and dirty" method of achieving your goal with ease.  But if you're subscribed to many groups you want to do this through your Groups.io account, instead.  Knowing the situation would be helpful.

           And before anyone says, and they would be right, that this is not NVDA-related, it is related to using Groups.io effectively, and historically we have allowed questions and answers regarding that because it benefits everyone to have this information as a Groups.io member.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Christo,

          That being the case, I'd seriously suggest you just use the unsubscribe/resubscribe method.   Send a message from the address you're currently using to nvda+unsubscribe@nvda.groups.io.   After you get your confirmation of being unsubscribed, use your new address to send a message to nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io.

          You'll be on new member "first message moderated" status, but that will disappear with the first message you send to the group, as it will get approved quickly.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

So that there will be something in the archive for future searchers, I'm going to document the process for those of you who want to change your Groups.io e-mail address of record (and, by the way, that's your login ID as well for your Groups.io account) and are subscribed to multiple Groups.io Groups.

1. Go to the account page at Groups.io:  https://groups.io/account

2. Enter your existing e-mail address of record and your password.  If you have never logged in to your Groups.io account, you do not have a password, and will have to establish one.  Beneath the password edit box is a link, Forgot your password, or don't have one yet?, that you would need to activate in order to establish a password for your Groups.io account.  If necessary, activate it, follow the instructions, and start again at step 1 after you have that password.

3. Activate the Log In  button.

4. You are taken to the Login tab for your Groups.io account, and the first edit box shows your current e-mail address of record.  Directly below that is the Change Email button.  Activate it and follow the steps to change the current e-mail address to the one you want.  Optional:  Below that edit box is one for Password with a Change Password Button and Delete Password button below it.  If you want to tweak your existing password you can do so.

5.  In the event you're someone who uses a Google Account and/or a Facebook Account, further down the page under a section entitled, Social Logins, are checkboxes dedicated to allowing you to use these login methods.  If you wish to add that capability, check those boxes that apply, then activate the Change Social Login Preferences button.

There is no "Save" done on this page as the saving is part and parcel of the changing process.

     ~ Kelley Boorn