Topics

changing English to Spanish: English accent

Fabian Hinostroza

I got a person who is using NVDA for the first time and she is Spanish speaking. I change her laptop to Spanish and I was able to go NVDA setting and change the language to Spanish. The problem is that when it talks in Spanish it has a heavy English accent and at time reads incorrectly. Do I have to download a add on  or something ?

Fabian Hinostroza
Assistive Technology Instructor
215 East New Hampshire St.
Orlando, FL 32804

Phone: (407) 898-2483 ext. 243
Direct: (407) 982-4069
www.lighthousecfl.org

Charting a course for Living, Learning and Earning with vision loss.  -Lighthouse mission statement.

Tyler Spivey

Did you change the voice to match the language?
If you don't have a Spanish voice installed, it won't work. If you want OneCore, you'll have to go into the speech settings and install one, then switch NVDA to it.

Windows Settings, Time & Language, Language, Manage speech language.

On 2/2/2021 7:26 AM, Fabian Hinostroza wrote:
I got a person who is using NVDA for the first time and she is Spanish speaking. I change her laptop to Spanish and I was able to go NVDA setting and change the language to Spanish. The problem is that when it talks in Spanish it has a heavy English accent and at time reads incorrectly. Do I have to download a add on  or something ?
*Fabian Hinostroza*
*Assistive Technology Instructor*
*215 East New Hampshire St.
Orlando, FL 32804**
Phone: (407) 898-2483 ext. 243
Direct: (407) 982-4069
**www.lighthousecfl.org* <http://www.lighthousecfl.org>
*www.lighthouseworks.org* <http://www.lighthouseworks.org>
Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works Logo
*Charting a course for Living, Learning and Earning with vision loss.
-Lighthouse mission statement.*
**
*WATCH: Orientation & Mobility is like the ligaments and tendons that keep the body going. In our program you will learn how to use a white cane, how to navigate safely in space, and how to travel the world independently. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVqjMx5Xxs> WATCH: Orientation & Mobility is like the ligaments and tendons that keep the body going. In our program you will learn how to use a white cane, how to navigate safely in space, and how to travel the world independently. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVqjMx5Xxs>*

Jacob Kruger

Fabian, maybe, depending on content, and if you've set it to something like eSpeak Spanish, under voice settings - NVDA+ctrl+V - try testing differences if Automatic language switching (when supported), and Automatic dialect switching (when supported) checkboxes are turned off - issue there is it might pick up different language encodings, other than the text itself.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA