Topics

Changing to G-chrome Continued?

David Russell

Hello Brian, Gene and others,

First, apologies on my confusing terms e.g., embed versus
linkification or written links. I meant "written links."
I thought typed links in composing became links in composing. That is
how I understood the term, embed.
My experience duplicates Brian's with links remaining plain text in
the composing part, but if http or https:// is the prefix, then 9
times out of 10, I can count on a link in the processed email.

On my blog, blogspot.com, written links do not appear as links but
plain or html text. That's another story for another time.

As to the FireFox issues preventing me from updating, yes, it dealt
with the speed of Quantum not being able to be handled by screen
readers. This was a little over one year ago I think.

I will go ahead and update as I get the choice each time I go browsing.
- Gene, thanks for the command for turning the browser on and off. You
folks were and are very helpful!
Kind Regards,
--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

Gene

Why not try the portable version so you can see how it performs now?  Some people still have slow performance, perhaps for unknown reasons, but a lot of people don't.  But if you try or use a portable version, you can keep your current version on the machine, as I said.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 4:34 PM
To: nvda
Subject: [nvda] Changing to G-chrome Continued?

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Please though if you are a 64 bit person force the 64 bit version of Firefox, its far better and more reliable in my opinion.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-