Chess programs

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

I know there was at least one conversation recently around Chess programs.  Someone wrote to me today about one which seems to be accessible: https://lichess.org/

They wrote because they were having an issue with it in Firefox, however they advised it works well in Chrome.  From a quick look, it seems you can play against another player, or against the computer.

And that's all I know about it, but for anyone interested, do feel free to check it out and let us know how you find it (maybe continue the conversation in the chat group?)

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Edited

That was Anthony Borg, two days ago, and he asked about Lichess:
NVDA screen reader user and Lichess user
Since I presumed the question was, in reality, "Is Lichess accessible with NVDA?," I let that go on the main group.  And your reply now indicates that it is.

You are correct that discussions of how to play with Lichess do belong on the Chat Subgroup.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

anthony borg

Hi Brian and all

Firstly many thanks for your help, but I finally discovered that the Lichess website it is compatible with NVDA, the problem is that it isn’t compatible with all brousers.

I managed to enabled the website by using the Chrome  brouser.

Tregards

Anthony

That was Anthony Borg, two days ago, and he asked about Lichess:

NVDA screen reader user and Lichess user

Since I presumed the question was, in reality, "Is Lichess accessible with NVDA?," I let that go on the main group.  And your reply now indicates that it is.

You are correct that discussions of how to play with Lichess doe belong on the Chat Subgroup.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon