Topics

chrome

Monte Single

Hi list,

I am using win 7 with nvda and latest chrome.

When I use I e and firefox, I can press f6 and have the address bar highlighted so I can copy and paste it.

When I press f6  in chrome, I land on various things but not the address bar of the current page.

How do I do this.

Thanks,

Monte

In every browser, at least all that I've used, the ALT+D command throws focus to the omnibox/address bar with the contents of same selected for copying.

F6 doing the same thing in Firefox seems to be a Firefox specific use of the F6 key.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Andy

Try ALT-D.

Andy

I am using win 7 with nvda and latest chrome.

When I use I e and firefox, I can press f6 and have the address bar highlighted so I can copy and paste it.

When I press f6  in chrome, I land on various things but not the address bar of the current page.

How do I do this.

Thanks,

Monte

hurrikennyandopo ...

Also the CTRL key + letter L will jump you to the location bar. I use it all the time in different browsers.

Gene nz

On 10/04/2019 9:27 AM, Andy wrote:
Try ALT-D.

Andy

I am using win 7 with nvda and latest chrome.

When I use I e and firefox, I can press f6 and have the address bar highlighted so I can copy and paste it.

When I press f6  in chrome, I land on various things but not the address bar of the current page.

How do I do this.

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

It worked in i  ie for me for many years.

I am using win 7 with nvda and latest chrome.

When I use I e and firefox, I can press f6 and have the address bar highlighted so I can copy and paste it.

When I press f6  in chrome, I land on various things but not the address bar of the current page.

How do I do this.

Thanks,

Monte

F6 works in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Whether it takes you there on the first press in all the browwsers I've mentioned is another question that I haven't investigated to any extent.  But it is by now a standard command in many browsers.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 4:20 PM

In every browser, at least all that I've used, the ALT+D command throws focus to the omnibox/address bar with the contents of same selected for copying.

F6 doing the same thing in Firefox seems to be a Firefox specific use of the F6 key.

           ~ Edward Abbey

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 06:48 PM, Gene wrote:
Whether it (F6) takes you there on the first press in all the browsers I've mentioned is another question that I haven't investigated to any extent.
It doesn't in Chrome, whereas ALT+D or CTRL+L both do, and do in all browsers and on the first press.  You'll eventually land there with F6 in Chrome, but the number of presses is dependent on where focus is to begin with.

Better a universal sure thing in one press.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Gene

Some people may be interested in this.  It is somewhat minutia, but the kind of minutia that may interest some people.

In Internet Explorer, the open dialog, control o or control l, is separate from the address bar.  In Chrome and firefox, there is no open dialog and the address bar, f6 control d, control l, is the same.  In other words, you get to the same place with all these commands.  But in Internet Explorer, control d and f6 take you to the address bar.  Control o or control l take you to the open dialog, where you don't see the address of the page you are on.  You have to use f6 or control d to see the page in the address bar.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:42 PM

Good, that works.

I am using win 7 with nvda and latest chrome.

When I use I e and firefox, I can press f6 and have the address bar highlighted so I can copy and paste it.

When I press f6  in chrome, I land on various things but not the address bar of the current page.

How do I do this.

Thanks,

Monte

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I thought it was control l. I use that to get to the address bar of most browsers now.

Take care

On 9 Apr 2019, at 14:20, Brian Vogel wrote:

In every browser, at least all that I've used, the ALT+D command throws focus to the omnibox/address bar with the contents of same selected for copying.

F6 doing the same thing in Firefox seems to be a Firefox specific use of the F6 key.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Chris Mullins

Hi

F6 gets me to the Chrome address/search bar on my W10 machine but not directly.  Repeated presses take me to the address bar, bookmarks bar, currently displayed page and the tab control bar.  Similarly with the Brave browser.

Cheers

Chris

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 4:20 PM

In every browser, at least all that I've used, the ALT+D command throws focus to the omnibox/address bar with the contents of same selected for copying.

F6 doing the same thing in Firefox seems to be a Firefox specific use of the F6 key.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Felix G.

Hi,
ctrl+l is the official keystroke to go directly to the location bar in
Chrome on Windows.
Best,
Felix

Am Mi., 10. Apr. 2019 um 14:57 Uhr schrieb Chris Mullins
<cjmullins29@...>:

Hi

F6 gets me to the Chrome address/search bar on my W10 machine but not directly. Repeated presses take me to the address bar, bookmarks bar, currently displayed page and the tab control bar. Similarly with the Brave browser.

Cheers

Chris

F6 works in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Whether it takes you there on the first press in all the browwsers I've mentioned is another question that I haven't investigated to any extent. But it is by now a standard command in many browsers.

In every browser, at least all that I've used, the ALT+D command throws focus to the omnibox/address bar with the contents of same selected for copying.

F6 doing the same thing in Firefox seems to be a Firefox specific use of the F6 key.

~ Edward Abbey

Daniel Damacena

There's something wrong! It's been a long time since I started using chrome as my default browser and I can always press f6  to access the adress bar.
Try to press control + l. It's the direct hotkey, at least in my native language.

--
Daniel Damacena

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Try the following and see if it works.

I was doing it on a windows 10 machine with google chrome.

I am guessing some one has put it into full screen mode in google chrome.

Try the following when in the google chrome browseer use the F11 key you might have to do it a couple of times then try your F6 key.

I noticed when it is in full screen mode you could not use the f6 key to get there but when full screen was turned off you could then and if that is the case when it is back to normal leave it.

Mentioned by other people also use the ctrl key + letter L will jump you to the location bar, I think the ALT key + E will do it and I think if i remember right the ctrl key + D but not sure if it will do it in full screen mode until I try it I think it still does with ctrl + L

Hope that fixes it.

Gene nz