Topics

Chrome forms with NVDA

Sean Randall

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been brought up already, I had a quick search  but might have missed a thread.

With NVDA 2020.3 (and several earlier versions), plus  Chrome 86, whenever I enter certain form fields on the web I get a lot of extra  nonsense,

For example, when trying to add a description  to a Google Form, I hear:

Form description  edit  multi line  overall type: UNKNOWN_TYPE server type: NO_SERVER_DATA heuristic type: UNKNOWN_TYPE label: Form description parseable name: section: _1-default field signature: 4290505990 form signature: 1493917485352217957 form renderer id: 4294967295 field renderer id: 22  blank

I’d settle for the Form description  edit  multi line   bit!

It’s only a problem when I want to review the contents of a field, if it’s a single-line item and I don’t have Braille on the go it can be  very irritating to have to wait for all the speech to finish.

Has anyone seen this before, am I being really silly and missing something obvious?

Recycle trees Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.

Data Protection
We comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and take the security and privacy of personal data very seriously. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please forward this email (so we can see who it was sent to you by) to dpo@... with your request, and we will review our information in line with your wishes.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, New College Worcester accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Google Form"?  I don't think you're referring to an edit box in an online form under Chrome, but I'm not sure what it is you are referring to.

If a specific example can be supplied, that would be helpful, whether that's a URL or something else that could be worked with.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Sean Randall

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I did mean an edit box in a form, but I was using google forms as an example, which is clearly confusing.

Most all web pages in Chrome with edit fields have this issue, an example is at duckduckgo.com. If I enter browse mode  in the search field on that page, I hear:

Search the web without being tracked  edit  overall type: UNKNOWN_TYPE server type: NO_SERVER_DATA heuristic type: UNKNOWN_TYPE label: Search the web without being tracked parseable name: q section: q_1-default field signature: 1012080445 form signature: 378668188462997795 form renderer id: 1 field renderer id: 10  Search the web without being tracked