Topics

cisco webex conferencing accessibility?

Clement Chou

Asking for a friend who just recently needed to start using this at
work. Has anyone else experienced this particular conferencing
platform? Apparently accessibility with JAWS is patchy at best and I
was wondering if it works any betterwith NVDA. Thoughts? Thanks
everyone!

Dan Beaver

Last time I used it which was a couple of years ago it wasn't any better.  In fact, there were lots of aspects that were not accessible at all.

Dan Beaver

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Clement Chou

Right. So it sounds like it hasn't improved any then. Ah well... if
anyone has had better luck, feel free to share. Would be appreciated!

On 5/27/20, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:
Last time I used it which was a couple of years ago it wasn't any better.
In fact, there were lots of aspects that were not accessible at all.

Dan Beaver

On 5/27/2020 8:37 PM, Clement Chou wrote:

Asking for a friend who just recently needed to start using this at
work. Has anyone else experienced this particular conferencing
platform? Apparently accessibility with JAWS is patchy at best and I
was wondering if it works any betterwith NVDA. Thoughts? Thanks
everyone!

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Brian Moore

It isn't great. you can do it but it isn't a fun experience.  Learn the hot keys.  It is actually slightly better with Jaws than NVDA but not significantly and it isn't really pleasant with either.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 5/27/2020 8:46 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

Last time I used it which was a couple of years ago it wasn't any better.  In fact, there were lots of aspects that were not accessible at all.

Dan Beaver

On 5/27/2020 8:37 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
Asking for a friend who just recently needed to start using this at
work. Has anyone else experienced this particular conferencing
platform? Apparently accessibility with JAWS is patchy at best and I
was wondering if it works any betterwith NVDA. Thoughts? Thanks
everyone!

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Mohib Anwar Rafay

Not much accessible with jaws, I only manage to attend the meetings
through browser though.

On 5/28/20, Brian Moore <bmoore@...> wrote:
[...]

Phone: +919 555 555 765