Clip speak

Sky Mundell

Hello guys. I have a question. What's the status on the Clip speak add on
working with NVDA 2021? I used Clip speak quite a bit as I like to know when
a text is cut, copied, and pasted to and from the clipboard. I also train on
NVDA with clients and as part of the installation I add the Clip speak
add-on into NVDA so that my clients know when they are copying text to the
clipboard. I have emailed, or have attempted to email Damien but the email
comes back as undeliverable

Louise Pfau

I had the same thing. I can only assume that it won't be updated. I can't cross-reference my list of existing add-ons, because I've removed all of the add-ons that were marked as incompatible as recommended in an earlier thread.

Louise

David Griffith

I don’t know why it is not on the Community  add-ons page but the NVDA Global Commands Extension add-on add the ability to both detect and announce copy and paste and select, as far as I can see as well as Jaws does for NVDA in it s default  settings. So install that and the problem is sorted. I stopped using ClipSpeak ages ago.

It includes a host of other invaluable features as well.  I especially use the multiple level volume controls, quick access to speech history and system tray short cuts. It also adds a setting to enable NVDA, like Jaws, to loop around with single letter navigation to the top of web pages if no more elements are found. So if you press H for heading and there are no more headings it will announce that you are going back to the top of the page and find the first heading again for you.  The announcement makes this better than Jaws as you are clearly told what is happening. I find this particularly useful. This specific feature is not enabled by default  in Global Commands Extension and you have to enable it in settings.

The best way to learn all the host of available features is to hit NVDA plus J  which plays a tone to indicate that a layered series of commands have been enabled ,  a bit like Jaws plus spacebar.  Now hitting the H key will open all the available commands in a menu from which you can cursor up and down to easily run each command and at the same time learn the keyboard shortcuts for each command.

I think it is a brilliant add-on and gets regularly updated through automatic notifications which come up in NVDA to invite update.

I have an older version of the actual add-on install but which the add on updated itself through NVDA to be compatible with the latest version. Presumably you will need the latest initial add on version to work in the latest NVDA. A web search should find it I think.

I will try and find it myself if no search can find it.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I had the same thing.  I can only assume that it won't be updated.  I can't

cross-reference my list of existing add-ons, because I've removed all of the

add-ons that were marked as incompatible as recommended in an earlier

thread.

Louise

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

thank you very much.

I had the same thing.  I can only assume that it won't be updated.  I can't

cross-reference my list of existing add-ons, because I've removed all of the

add-ons that were marked as incompatible as recommended in an earlier

thread.

Louise

tim

That page is as useless as most of the add ons.

On 7/14/2021 4:19 AM, David Griffith wrote:

[...]

David Mehler

Hello David,

I'm not finding this addon, but am definitely interested in it. If
you've got a url that would be great or maybe the dev could put it on
the community addons page.

Thanks.
DAve.

On 7/14/21, tim <z2004a1@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Bobby

Hay I would like this add on.  Can you please tell us how to get the add on when you find it?

On 7/14/2021 10:40 AM, tim wrote:

[...]

Ilja und Dani

on 14.07.2021 um 17:51 Bobby wrote:

Hay I would like this add on.  Can you please tell us how to get the
add on when you find it?
Hi,

you can download this modified addon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5c1yc8g4unkz1y/clipspeak-1.1.modified.by.Ralf.without.braille.nvda-addon?dl=1

Ilja

David Griffith

Global Commands Extension was posted a couple of times earlier.

Firstly under this subject  line via a DropBox link from another poster.

I then posted the official download link again under a more relevant subject line. The mod apparently  converted my text URL into a correct link.

Did you get this add-on via either route?

David G.

On 7/14/21, tim <z2004a1@...> wrote:

> That page is as useless as most of the add ons.

> On 7/14/2021 4:19 AM, David Griffith wrote:

>> I don’t know why it is not on the Community  add-ons page but the NVDA

>> Global Commands Extension add-on add the ability to both detect and

>> announce copy and paste and select, as far as I can see as well as Jaws

>> does for NVDA in it s default  settings. So install that and the problem

>> is sorted. I stopped using ClipSpeak ages ago.

>> It includes a host of other invaluable features as well.  I especially use

>> the multiple level volume controls, quick access to speech history and

>> system tray short cuts. It also adds a setting to enable NVDA, like Jaws,

>> to loop around with single letter navigation to the top of web pages if no

>> more elements are found. So if you press H for heading and there are no

>> more headings it will announce that you are going back to the top of the

>> page and find the first heading again for you.  The announcement makes

>> this better than Jaws as you are clearly told what is happening. I find

>> this particularly useful. This specific feature is not enabled by default

>>  in Global Commands Extension and you have to enable it in settings.

>> The best way to learn all the host of available features is to hit NVDA

>> plus J  which plays a tone to indicate that a layered series of commands

>> have been enabled ,  a bit like Jaws plus spacebar.  Now hitting the H key

>> will open all the available commands in a menu from which you can cursor

>> up and down to easily run each command and at the same time learn the

>> keyboard shortcuts for each command.

>> I think it is a brilliant add-on and gets regularly updated through

>> automatic notifications which come up in NVDA to invite update.

>> I have an older version of the actual add-on install but which the add on

>> updated itself through NVDA to be compatible with the latest version.

>> Presumably you will need the latest initial add on version to work in the

>> latest NVDA. A web search should find it I think.

>> I will try and find it myself if no search can find it.

>> David Griffith

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

George Kerscher

I downloaded NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-9.7.nvda-addon

NVDA reported that it was not compatible.

I did get the updated version of clip speak, and it is working now with 2021.1

Best

George

On 7/14/21, tim <z2004a1@...> wrote:

> That page is as useless as most of the add ons.

> On 7/14/2021 4:19 AM, David Griffith wrote:

>> I don’t know why it is not on the Community  add-ons page but the NVDA

>> Global Commands Extension add-on add the ability to both detect and

>> announce copy and paste and select, as far as I can see as well as Jaws

>> does for NVDA in it s default  settings. So install that and the problem

>> is sorted. I stopped using ClipSpeak ages ago.

>> It includes a host of other invaluable features as well.  I especially use

>> the multiple level volume controls, quick access to speech history and

>> system tray short cuts. It also adds a setting to enable NVDA, like Jaws,

>> to loop around with single letter navigation to the top of web pages if no

>> more elements are found. So if you press H for heading and there are no

>> more headings it will announce that you are going back to the top of the

>> page and find the first heading again for you.  The announcement makes

>> this better than Jaws as you are clearly told what is happening. I find

>> this particularly useful. This specific feature is not enabled by default

>>  in Global Commands Extension and you have to enable it in settings.

>> The best way to learn all the host of available features is to hit NVDA

>> plus J  which plays a tone to indicate that a layered series of commands

>> have been enabled ,  a bit like Jaws plus spacebar.  Now hitting the H key

>> will open all the available commands in a menu from which you can cursor

>> up and down to easily run each command and at the same time learn the

>> keyboard shortcuts for each command.

>> I think it is a brilliant add-on and gets regularly updated through

>> automatic notifications which come up in NVDA to invite update.

>> I have an older version of the actual add-on install but which the add on

>> updated itself through NVDA to be compatible with the latest version.

>> Presumably you will need the latest initial add on version to work in the

>> latest NVDA. A web search should find it I think.

>> I will try and find it myself if no search can find it.

>> David Griffith

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sky Mundell

Odd. I downloaded the extension add-on and it runs fine. The link is

https://github.com/paulber19/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin

Thanks, Sky

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 10:40 AM, tim wrote:
That page is as useless as most of the add ons.
-
You know, if you don't have anything constructive to say (and that can be negative) then, please, don't say anything at all.

The Community Add-Ons page is the home for all add-ons that their developers wish to submit and undergo a vetting process.  It is a developer's choice whether or not to do that.  The bulk of the most commonly used Add-Ons have been on that page for years.  There are any number of "home grown" add-ons where the developers of same have decided against undergoing the vetting process.  That's not necessarily any reflection on the utility of their add-ons, and I have lobbied for a separate page for unvetted add-ons that would be an "at your own risk" affair, but if you won't undergo checking then it makes sense that your add-on doesn't show there.

The Add-ons and backwards incompatible NVDA releases page lists add-ons not necessarily on the Community Add-Ons page since it's purpose is to note what is, or is not, compatible with a specific NVDA release.

Clipspeak appears on both of those pages, and is currently noted as not compatible.  Contact the developer, who's email address is on the "compatibility page," to inquire as to when an official version is slated to be released that is compatible with NVDA 2021.1.

      ~ Brian Vogel