Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Haylie Gallacher

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I believe the latest add-on does work with NVDA 2022.1 and can be downloaded at https://nvda-addons.org/files/get.php?file=codefactory

Thanks.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 2:54 PM Haylie Gallacher <haylieg2780@...> wrote:

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Don H

Code factory voices work great with the latest NVDA

On 8/20/2022 4:26 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:
With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA
version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me
with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Sarah k Alawami

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Haylie Gallacher
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2022 2:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Thanks,

Haylie

Haylie Gallacher

What version of the Code Factory voices?  They are not working on the computer I updated to the latest version of NVDA.

Thanks,

Haylie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2022 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Thanks,

Haylie

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

If you haven't updated the add-on, you will need to do this with the latest version from the link I provided earlier.

Thanks.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 6:00 PM Haylie Gallacher <haylieg2780@...> wrote:

What version of the Code Factory voices?  They are not working on the computer I updated to the latest version of NVDA.

Thanks,

Haylie

Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Thanks,

Haylie

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Gene

Are you using an add-on for the voices?  I don't use them and I don't recall, from the little I played with them if an add-on is required.  If so, the add-on needs updating.  I'll let others discuss how to do that.

Meanwhile, you asked about other voices.  From the little playing around with the Vocalizer Voices I did, it appears to me that the Microsoft One Core Voice Cira is roughly equivalent to the Vocalizer lower quality options.  I consider the lower quality options to be significantly superior in naturalness to the supposedly higher quality options.  They pause more naturally and they may have less problems joining words together. 

You may want to continue to use Code Factory Voices but meantime, Cira may be a good free option that is already on the machine.
You may like David but Cira is a little better at diction.

Gene

On 8/20/2022 8:00 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

Thanks,

Haylie

Thanks,

Haylie

Gene

I should add that I am talking about United States voices.  I don't know what country you are in and what voices you have from Microsoft.

Gene

On 8/20/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:

Are you using an add-on for the voices?  I don't use them and I don't recall, from the little I played with them if an add-on is required.  If so, the add-on needs updating.  I'll let others discuss how to do that.

Meanwhile, you asked about other voices.  From the little playing around with the Vocalizer Voices I did, it appears to me that the Microsoft One Core Voice Cira is roughly equivalent to the Vocalizer lower quality options.  I consider the lower quality options to be significantly superior in naturalness to the supposedly higher quality options.  They pause more naturally and they may have less problems joining words together. 

You may want to continue to use Code Factory Voices but meantime, Cira may be a good free option that is already on the machine.
You may like David but Cira is a little better at diction.

Gene

On 8/20/2022 8:00 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

Thanks,

Haylie

Thanks,

Haylie

Sarah k Alawami

I’m using the latest one from atGuys. Download the latest from code factory. They work fine here.

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2022 6:01 PM

Thanks,

Haylie

Thanks,

Haylie

The Gamages

Hello Halie,

I had the same misunderstanding, I thought I needed to buy a new version of Vocaliser voices, but all you need to do is update the license as described by others, don't forget to unsubscribe your license key before installing the update.

You will need to download the voices again when complete.

Best Regards, Jim.

On 20/08/2022 22:26, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

Thanks,

Haylie

-- 

Sarah k Alawami

I never actually deactivated my licenses, and it I believe kept my voices. You can deactivate if you want, jus tin case, I didn’t have to re-dl my voices though.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of The Gamages via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2022 4:32 AM

Hello Halie,

I had the same misunderstanding, I thought I needed to buy a new version of Vocaliser voices, but all you need to do is update the license as described by others, don't forget to unsubscribe your license key before installing the update.

You will need to download the voices again when complete.

Best Regards, Jim.

On 20/08/2022 22:26, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

Thanks,

Haylie

-- 

Wesley Martin <wesleymartin9980@...>

Hi. I'm a relatively new list member, but I'd like to respond. I use primarily the Microsoft Richard Canadian voice, even though I live in the USA. Also, you can get some very high-quality voices at cepstral.com  but they're not free.

mattias

Stay away from cepstral!

They are unstable on modern windows

Skickades från E-post för Windows

Från: Wesley Martin
Skickat: den 21 augusti 2022 23:58
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Hi. I'm a relatively new list member, but I'd like to respond. I use primarily the Microsoft Richard Canadian voice, even though I live in the USA. Also, you can get some very high-quality voices at cepstral.com  but they're not free.

Louise Pfau

On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 03:58 PM, Wesley Martin wrote:

Hi. I use primarily the Microsoft Richard Canadian voice, even though I live in the USA.

Me too, but I'm in Canada.  I really like that particular voice.

Louise

The wonderful thing about the Windows OneCore voices, in all languages, is that they're all free and able to be downloaded and installed in mere minutes.  I don't use anywhere near to all of the voices available for English, but I have US, Canadian, UK, and Australian dialects installed.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

~ Vance Packard

Wesley Martin <wesleymartin9980@...>

I see. How about A Cappella then?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022, 11:14 AM mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:

Stay away from cepstral!

Ämne: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

aah good to know.

Its a pitty that acapella do not do sapi voices anymore because I was tempted to buy them and maybe the atnt stuff from maxiaids but really I really don't need any mmore its just I only have the realspeak synths and would like a few more bundles if I can.

On 23/08/2022 3:14 am, mattias wrote:

Stay away from cepstral!

Louise Pfau

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 01:16 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
The wonderful thing about the Windows OneCore voices, in all languages, is that they're all free and able to be downloaded and installed in mere minutes.  I don't use anywhere near to all of the voices available for English, but I have US, Canadian, UK, and Australian dialects installed.
I noticed that two of the female UK voices sounded the same, even though there were different names listed.

Louise

mattias

Have you tryed CereProc voices?

Works just fine on modern windows unlike the cepstral ones

Cepstral dont care on mac os anymore

For example

Från: Shaun Everiss
Skickat: den 23 augusti 2022 01:15

aah good to know.

Its a pitty that acapella do not do sapi voices anymore because I was tempted to buy them and maybe the atnt stuff from maxiaids but really I really don't need any mmore its just I only have the realspeak synths and would like a few more bundles if I can.

On 23/08/2022 3:14 am, mattias wrote:

Stay away from cepstral!

mattias

Sadly acapela discontinued the infovox stuff

Skickat: den 22 augusti 2022 22:13

I see. How about A Cappella then?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022, 11:14 AM mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:

Stay away from cepstral!