Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working - Other Synthesizer Options

Haylie Gallacher

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I believe the latest add-on does work with NVDA 2022.1 and can be downloaded at https://nvda-addons.org/files/get.php?file=codefactory

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Don H

Code factory voices work great with the latest NVDA

On 8/20/2022 4:26 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:
With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA
version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me
with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Sarah k Alawami

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Haylie Gallacher

What version of the Code Factory voices?  They are not working on the computer I updated to the latest version of NVDA.

Thanks,

Haylie

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

If you haven't updated the add-on, you will need to do this with the latest version from the link I provided earlier.

Thanks.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 6:00 PM Haylie Gallacher <haylieg2780@...> wrote:

What version of the Code Factory voices?  They are not working on the computer I updated to the latest version of NVDA.

Thanks,

Haylie

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Gene

Are you using an add-on for the voices?  I don't use them and I don't recall, from the little I played with them if an add-on is required.  If so, the add-on needs updating.  I'll let others discuss how to do that.

Meanwhile, you asked about other voices.  From the little playing around with the Vocalizer Voices I did, it appears to me that the Microsoft One Core Voice Cira is roughly equivalent to the Vocalizer lower quality options.  I consider the lower quality options to be significantly superior in naturalness to the supposedly higher quality options.  They pause more naturally and they may have less problems joining words together.

You may want to continue to use Code Factory Voices but meantime, Cira may be a good free option that is already on the machine.
You may like David but Cira is a little better at diction.

Gene

On 8/20/2022 8:00 PM, Haylie Gallacher wrote:

What version of the Code Factory voices?  They are not working on the computer I updated to the latest version of NVDA.

Thanks,

Haylie

I’m using the code factory voices with the latest nvda version.  What seems to be the trouble? They are working fine here, knock on wood.

With the Code Factory Vocalizer Voices not working in the latest NVDA version, what are people using at this point?  If you could provide me with links where I can get new voices, that would be great.

Thanks,

Haylie

Gene

I should add that I am talking about United States voices.  I don't know what country you are in and what voices you have from Microsoft.

Gene

On 8/20/2022 8:35 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

I’m using the latest one from atGuys. Download the latest from code factory. They work fine here.