From: Socheat
Sent: 13 July 2021 11:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory voices download always going slow for me

Hi list

I don’t know, if it’s only happen to me, or some of you notice the same thing. When I’m downloading the voice data for Vocalizer, most of the time, the download always going very slow. It took me an hour or so to get each voices to be downloaded. I’m on a 10Mbps fiber cable. Yeah I know, 10Mbps isn’t too much, but it always going well for me when I download something else other than the voices.

Any of you have the same issue?

Socheat

Yes, it did tell me. The speed never goes up to 100Kbps. Which is not normal for my connection. When I download something other than the voice data, I got around 1-2Mbps download speed.

Gene

I think it’s a very slow server.  If you usually have good download speeds and one site doesn’t, that’s usually the reason.  I believe I downloaded a voice from the same site about two weeks ago and the download was ridiculously slow.

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:22 AM

It should tell you what the actual download speed is when downloading, is that normal for your connection

I don’t know, if it’s only happen to me, or some of you notice the same thing. When I’m downloading the voice data for Vocalizer, most of the time, the download always going very slow. It took me an hour or so to get each voices to be downloaded. I’m on a 10Mbps fiber cable. Yeah I know, 10Mbps isn’t too much, but it always going well for me when I download something else other than the voices.

Any of you have the same issue?

Socheat

Yeah Gene. I think their server is slow. Not my connection though.

Socheat

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:22 AM