Code Factory Voices no longer working?

Clement Chou

Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Gene

It may be that the server is down.  All Code Factory voices contact the server at intervals, I believe about once a month.  If your Internet is down or their server is down, the voices won’t function because they can’t be verified as registered.  So one person’s voices may work and another person’s may not.

I think this is a very bad system and, with good authorization systems, such as JAWS uses, this ongoing contact with the server is unnecessary.

I would suggest contacting Code Factory before more troubleshooting on your machine.  If their server is working properly, you may have to do something.  If it is down, you may just have to wait until it is up again.

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Voices no longer working?

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Clement Chou

I don't see how I personally could've deleted my licensing info. I
went to bed and they were working, woke up and they weren't. This is
definitely a horrible system, and antiquated. I don't understand why
it's still being used.

[...]

Its unlikely the voices lost your information.  I suppose it could happen.  I think it is important to contact Code Factory to see what they say about possible authorization problems.

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Gene

I will say, as I think about it, that I have seen the statement that you should not be off the Internet for extended periods so Code Factory voices can authorize themselves.  But I haven’t seen information about whether all voices are authorized at the same time or over time.  While I would think voices are authorized based on when they were activated, I don’t know that.  So I may be wrong about some people’s voices working and others not.

At any rate, I think contacting Code Factory is a good idea.

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Steve Wettlaufer

This happened to me a few weeks ago.  I ended up having to reenter my user info a few times before it eventually reactivated.  I waited about a half hour between each attempt.

If you've lost your activation key as I believe the original poster has and your software doesn't reactivate on its own, you're going to have to contact the company and hope they'll send you the info again.  They really need a better, more customer friendly system for authorization and recovery.

Steve

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Hareth

Horrible license check indeed!
I've wasted my money on their android product, It has similar problems.
years back it forced me to hand my phone to a total stranger in a bus
station because it decided to check the license, and there was no
internet connection.
Plus with a little search here in archives, a blind person could see
with their own eyes how many times Code factory license bug or server
or system
had people bitten with its teeth, *smiles*.

On 8/10/21, Clement Chou <chou.clement@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

It's a great idea, except for the fact that I got an automatic email
saying they're out of the office until the 22nd of August. This
presents a problem as I use primarily Eloquence along with Vocalizer
for multiple languages, and now am left scrambling to find alternative
voices that are decent. Either way, I've always said this was a system
that should be scrapped and that impression has just been reenforced.
Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.

[...]

Chris Smart

No wonder the version of Eloquence we dare not speak about is still used by many many people.

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to
re-enter my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked
try just to see what happens it says there was an issue activating my
license and to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone
know what the deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced
my registration info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Well that would depend where you got your info from.

If its for atguys you could probably ask atguys support, its probably in your order history somewhere.

I have always kept things backed up but you can ask atguys for your download info and keys again.

Not sure about the service because it still shows as active here but that doesn't mean anything it simply means the software didn't have an issue when it phoned home yet.

On 11/08/2021 7:52 am, Clement Chou wrote:
Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I saved the email that has all my info on it. That way if I need to reactivate my license, I don't have a problem with it.

On 8/10/2021 1:42 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Yeah so do I.

Its in a couple places, one of those is my hdd backups and a protected 128mb flash drive I only use for internal network storage keys.

When it dies I have a 1gb drive that will do the same.

I also have everything on my dropbox.

To login to my dropbox, I use everything through google.

I don't have 2step on this but I am thinking about buying an hardware authorisation dongle.

On 11/08/2021 8:59 am, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
[...]

Hi, Gene,

I was referring to the email that has my information on it. Yes, contacting Code Factory is important if you have a problem activating the license.

Rosemarie

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Hareth

Not if the server blocked it. It had to be done on that side.
It had been doing the same to random users for years now. its one of
the worst I've ever encountered.

On 8/10/21, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Yes, if the server is down, then there would be a problem.

On 8/10/2021 2:13 PM, Hareth wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Same here. Knock on wood. Can you send them an email asking them to resend your registration info? Good luck.

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Should this happen to me, will nvda fall back on something like sapi? I hope this does not happen to me by the way.

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Steve Wettlaufer

It should.  If it happens to you like it happens to me you'll be unable to do anything at first because a please register message will irritatingly block everything you do, but once you reload NVDA it will use an alternative voice.

Steve

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could haveaccidentally deleted your info with the
license. I don't know what else could be going with your code factory
voices. They're working fine on my system.

Rosemarie

On 8/10/2021 12:52 PM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to re-enter
> my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just to
> see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license and
> to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what the
> deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my registration
> info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

Gene

You will get a please register this product or some other message.  I’m nnot sure what you will hear.  Whatever you do to cause speech, arrowing, alt tabbing, anything, that is all you will hear.  However, you can open the synthesizer dialog, the one you open with control NVDA key s and even though you don’t have speech, you can select another synthesizer.  If you want to make sure of how you select the synthesizer you want in your NVDA with whatever choices you have, you can try this while you do have the speech you are currently using.  For example, you might try typing a letter or pressing home, then downarrowing until you get to the synthesizer you want.  To select it, you don’t have to tab, just press enter.  Remember the number of times you down arrow to get to it after you press home.

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 6:59 PM

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:57 PM