Topics

CodeFactory eloquence won't start anymore

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I should write here, but it's mostly to see if others had this issue.  Perhaps I was unlucky.  I often am with technology.

So I purchased CodeFactory eloquence and it worked well... until it didn't.  Now my profile with Eloquence in it won't start.  When selecting it I have a dialog telling me that CodeFactory will open settings to check registration.  I say okay and yes when Windows asks me if this software should be allowed to perform admin tasks.  The settings open... but on clicking on ok I get a simple error: couldn't load synthesizer.  This happens if I select the speech synthesizer in NVDA's settings as well.

So I would guess: not an NVDA bug, most likely a CodeFactory bug.  Still, as far as I know, things worked great before the update of the last NVDA version (I'm running on 2020.1 now).  Then again, it can hardly be a Python version error, since I don't expect major changes took place in Python version between these NVDA versions.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?  And found a quick fix?  I like quick fixes... if they hold.

Thanks!

Vincent

Rui Fontes

Have you re-registered the product?

Rui Fontes

Às 19:28 de 16/06/2020, Vincent Le Goff escreveu:

[...]

Chris

There are two versions of the code factory addon available

Make sure you have the python 3 compatible version installed

[...]

mattias

Try to reregister

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

[...]

Hareth

Code factory products license check is the worst by far.
I've learned the lessen the hard way.
Not spending a future penny on their apps no matter what.

On 6/17/20, mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I also had this happen with the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence. Apparently, with the latest Windows update, it somehow deactivated the license key.  I saved my license key in the e-mail that authorized the sale and  so it was a simple matter to reauthorize by opening the product via the desktop icon and then clicking the enter key button and pasting in the key.  It reauthorized the software.  I wish they would make the necessary change in the software that would allow Windows to update without this random happening.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sarah k Alawami

IBM Gonvda add on. It won't make it to the official list. You might be able to find the one with the DLL included. It sounds just like eloquence, cuts off a bit, but works, and works with nvda 19.x and higher.

On 17 Jun 2020, at 5:06, Hareth wrote:

[...]

Well any major build you just deactivate first.

I had a server issue with the server being offline but no issue.

The thing is vocaliser/eloquence doesn't always check.

From time to time it checks to see if its online, which means can it connect to the server.

But it doesn't do it all the time, which means you can go without it doing that for days and of course its randum.

I have my key and make sure to deactivate the keys before any major upgrade.

However the same happened with jaws when I used it and some other programs.

At least unlike some games every time you updated windows the reg key changed all the time that was a pain.