CodeFactory updated their download of the Eloquence/Vocalizer driver

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.  However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the link:

https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Clarissa Mitchell

Oh dear! I got mine from AT Guys and I can't find my activation code!
I thought I still had the email but I can't find it. I don't know what
to look for.

On 5/24/22, Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@...> wrote:
Hi listers:

Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer driver.
They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same. However, it is
definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They haven’t yet done the
one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t matter—their download also works
with the licensing system. Here’s the link:

https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Don H

Can you just install the update over your existing copy of the addon or
do you have to remove the old one?

On 5/24/2022 9:44 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:
Hi listers:

Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer
driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.
However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They
haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t
matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the
link:

https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon
<https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon>

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kchao

There's no need to remove the old addon. You will need to provide the product activation again.
If purchased directly from Code Factory, the email should be from Avangate Customer Service.

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:42 PM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
Can you just install the update over your existing copy of the addon or
do you have to remove the old one?

On 5/24/2022 9:44 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:
> Hi listers:
>
> Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer
> driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.
> However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They
> haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t
> matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the
> link:
>
> https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon
> <https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Gerardo Corripio

You mentioned having to give the product activation number again upon updating, thus would you recommend deactivating the key we have, and reactivate it upon updating? I wouldn’t want for my keys count to decrease by one. Thanks for enlightenment.

Gera

El 24 may 2022, a la(s) 9:44 a.m., Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@...> escribió:

Hi listers:

Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.  However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the link:

https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sarah k Alawami

I think you can get the code also from the eloquence add on itself. I believe I found it in there. Under nvda then  code factory.

Good luck.

There's no need to remove the old addon. You will need to provide the product activation again.

If purchased directly from Code Factory, the email should be from Avangate Customer Service.

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:42 PM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

Can you just install the update over your existing copy of the addon or
do you have to remove the old one?

On 5/24/2022 9:44 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:
> Hi listers:
>
> Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer
> driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.
> However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They
> haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t
> matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the
> link:
>
> https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon
> <https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Joseph Norton

Hi:

I did some testing and here is what I found out.

If you update NVDA, it will disable the add-on, which you are warned about.

When you install the new update to the add-on, it also removes any Vocalizer voices installed.  It also deletes the activation from the computer, so you will need to enter your activation code again.

If you have not updated yet, but, aren’t sure where your code is, you may be able to retrieve it from the About tab in the settings.

Press NVDA+N and go down to Code Factory, Press Enter twice to open up the settings dialog.  Go into the about tab and press tab until you hear “Enter activation key”.  Your key should be displayed and selected.  If you press CTRL+C on it, it will copy the key to the clipboard.  You can then save it to a text file or just keep it there.  If you keep it on the clipboard, you can then update both NVDA and the add-on.  Once you have restarted NVDA with the new version of the add-on installed, you can go into the Code Factory menu selection, and re-activate with the key you previously copied to the clipboard.

You will need to re-download any Vocalizer voices after the activation.

You should not loose any of your activations, since your computer ID string will not change.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Can you just install the update over your existing copy of the addon or

do you have to remove the old one?

On 5/24/2022 9:44 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:

> Hi listers:

> Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer

> driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.

> However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They

> haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t

> matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the

> link:

> https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon

> <https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon>

> Hope this helps.

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Clarissa Mitchell

Oh darn! I already updated it! I'm screwed! I thought I could find my
key easily. I thought I kept the email. If I did, I don't know where
to look for it.

[...]

Windows

Dave Grossoehme

I don't know that's is a good idea to leave it on the notepad now, then do the update.  I'd save the code to a file somewhere, that you can retrieve it from later.  If left on notepad and not saved somewhere and the no button is pressed when closing notepad to make the restart for updating it is lost.

Dave

On 5/24/2022 3:14 PM, Joseph Norton wrote:

Hi:

I did some testing and here is what I found out.

If you update NVDA, it will disable the add-on, which you are warned about.

When you install the new update to the add-on, it also removes any Vocalizer voices installed.  It also deletes the activation from the computer, so you will need to enter your activation code again.

If you have not updated yet, but, aren’t sure where your code is, you may be able to retrieve it from the About tab in the settings.

Press NVDA+N and go down to Code Factory, Press Enter twice to open up the settings dialog.  Go into the about tab and press tab until you hear “Enter activation key”.  Your key should be displayed and selected.  If you press CTRL+C on it, it will copy the key to the clipboard.  You can then save it to a text file or just keep it there.  If you keep it on the clipboard, you can then update both NVDA and the add-on.  Once you have restarted NVDA with the new version of the add-on installed, you can go into the Code Factory menu selection, and re-activate with the key you previously copied to the clipboard.

You will need to re-download any Vocalizer voices after the activation.

You should not loose any of your activations, since your computer ID string will not change.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Can you just install the update over your existing copy of the addon or

do you have to remove the old one?

On 5/24/2022 9:44 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:

> Hi listers:

> Code Factory has updated their own link for the Eloquence/Vocalizer

> driver.  They just updated the file, but, left the filename the same.

> However, it is definitely changed, since I’m using it right now. They

> haven’t yet done the one branded for ATGuys, but, it doesn’t

> matter—their download also works with the licensing system.  Here’s the

> link:

> https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon

> <https://www.codefactoryglobal.com/downloads/installers/codefactory-py3-1.0.nvda-addon>

> Hope this helps.

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Clarissa Mitchell

Okay, I remembered that I had activated it on another computer when I
was living somewhere else and coming back for the holidays. I got my
key from the other computer and made sure to save it in a file on my
flash drive. So it's activated on my main computer now, and I will
never lose my key. Now I just have to send another email to AT Guys,
as I had already contacted them saying I lost my key. Now I have to
tell them I found it!

On 5/24/22, Dave Grossoehme <dave@...> wrote:
[...]

Well if you try performing a search for something like "codefactoryglobal.com" or "code factory" in Outlook you should find the key (I found mine this way).
Now I can finally enjoy the new NVDA update...

Sarah k Alawami

For me I got it from the AtGuys website under account, click view in your order.

[...]

Oh, I didn't know it could be found that way. But I've got my key now.
I'll keep this information in mind just in case.

[...]

Abbie Taylor

This is great news, Joseph. Thank you so much. After upgrading NVDA a few days ago, I downloaded and installed the add-on and reactivated my license and installed the voices I was using with no difficulty. It remembered my voice preferences for each application I use. So, I didn't have to reset those. How about that?