Topics

CodeFactory vocalizer licenses

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Hi all,
I obtained my Vocalizer SAPI5 license and installed all the voices last night. NVDA sees them all, although they're not sorted in any discernable order. I was excited when II opened the Vocalizer control panel and encountered a check box for enabling a pronunciation dictionary in the options. One can even import something called a CFD file, which is presumably a pronunciation dictionary. However, since there is no documentation about how to create one and no sample CFD files in the program, I am temporarily stumped. I even created one dictionary entry with the Code Factory UI in order to see if a file would get created. Itt didn't. That was one of my main motivations for purchasing the SAPI5 license rather than the NVDA addon; I figured that I'd make one pronunciation dictionary that would be processed by the Vocalizer engine regardless of screen reader. That is proving to be a bust.
Also, these SAPI5 voices make JAWS crash every few minutes. The responsiveness is also painfully slow. All in all, I would probably revoke my license if I could get a refund.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@...

Josh Kennedy

Maybe jaws does not have good sapi5 support? Both NVDA and Jim Kitchen's games from the audio games archive work fine and the voices do not crash at all. Maybe the sapi5 interface for jaws has bugs that make it crash?

Gene

That is highly unlikely.  I haven't heard, as I recall, one complaint about using SAPI 5 voices with JAWS on the lists I am on and I've been on them for a long time.

I also suspect that the free more human sounding voices you can download from the JAWS site, whose name I don't remember are SAPI 5.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] CodeFactory vocalizer licenses

Maybe jaws does not have good sapi5 support? Both NVDA and Jim Kitchen's games from the audio games archive work fine and the voices do not crash at all. Maybe the sapi5 interface for jaws has bugs that make it crash?

mattias

No the voices you can download from fs are built to fs products

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 11:18 AM

Maybe jaws does not have good sapi5 support? Both NVDA and Jim Kitchen's games from the audio games archive work fine and the voices do not crash at all. Maybe the sapi5 interface for jaws has bugs that make it crash?

Gene

They can be SAPI voices and still be restricted for use by JAWS or whatever product is using them.  But I think they are SAPI 5 voices.

I know that JAWS has the ability to use SAPI 5 voices, whether these specific voices are SAPI 5 or not..

Gene

No the voices you can download from fs are built to fs products

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

That is highly unlikely.  I haven't heard, as I recall, one complaint about using SAPI 5 voices with JAWS on the lists I am on and I've been on them for a long time.

I also suspect that the free more human sounding voices you can download from the JAWS site, whose name I don't remember are SAPI 5.

Maybe jaws does not have good sapi5 support? Both NVDA and Jim Kitchen's games from the audio games archive work fine and the voices do not crash at all. Maybe the sapi5 interface for jaws has bugs that make it crash?

mattias

if them are sapi voices

the voices shows up in other apps

On 2019-08-10 12:06, Gene wrote:
[...]

Not if they are restricted by the product to only work with that product.