Topics

Codefactory vocalizer and NVDA

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi,
Could someone do me a favor? WHen using the CodeFactory version of Vocalizer, could you go into a word document and run a spell check?
I would like to know what NVDA reads when in the Not dictionary field.
Thanks
Chris

Abbie Taylor

I also use Code Factory Vocalizer, and in Word, no matter what speech synthesizer you're using, NVDA doesn't automatically read the spell checker. After pressing F7, you need to use the object navigation keys to navigate the dialog. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Quentin Christensen

It really depends on which version of Word you are using as to the exact behaviour with spell check.  Spell check in Word 365 works quite well.  There are specific places in Word 2013 / 2016 where object navigation gives you extra information, although in any case, I don't think there is anything particularly specific to any given synthesizer?

Some synthesizers take it upon themselves to interpret some strings, for instance dr as Doctor (or drive) or st as street (or saint), but those things won't be specific to spell check.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:04 AM Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
I also use Code Factory Vocalizer, and in Word, no matter what speech synthesizer you're using, NVDA doesn't automatically read the spell checker. After pressing F7, you need to use the object navigation keys to navigate the dialog. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com