From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2022 8:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] confusion about add-on updates

I am running windows 10 and have NVDA Version: 2022.2.2

I looked in check for add-on updates and it says I have an update for "Windows App Essentials" available.  However, when I try to do the update it comes back after trying to download and install it that I am running an unsupported version of windows.  It says I am running 21H1 and it requires 21H2 or 22H2.

I checked my windows update and it says I am up to date and have no updates available.

Why am I seeing a Windows App Essentials update when my version of Windows is incompatible?  Do I need to do something different to update to a compatible version of Windows?

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 11:08 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
It says I am running 21H1 and it requires 21H2 or 22H2.
-
You have an issue with Windows Update.  Version 21H2 has been the latest version of both Windows 10 and 11 for heading in to a year now.  Version 22H2 is due for release in the near future, but is not yet out yet.

Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Page, then activate the Update Now button/link to force an update to 21H2 (the November 2021 update).

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt