Topics

CONNECTING A MANTIS DISPLAY

Richard Bartholomew

Hi,

So far I have had no success in connecting my Mantis Q40 with NVDA 2020.2; is the only way to do this to use BRLTTY, please?

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew

Richard Bartholomew

Hi, again

Sorry but you can ignore my last message as I’ve managed to connect the Mantis now…not sure what I’ve done different this time but it’s working smoothly this time!

Thanks

Richard Bartholomew

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Bartholomew via groups.io
Sent: 28 October 2020 18:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] CONNECTING A MANTIS DISPLAY

Hi,

So far I have had no success in connecting my Mantis Q40 with NVDA 2020.2; is the only way to do this to use BRLTTY, please?

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew

Quentin Christensen

Hi Richard,

I don't have one handy to test, but according to the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#HumanWareBrailliant it should work.
Are you getting an error or message or simply no Braille?

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 5:46 AM Richard Bartholomew <rlbart53@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Richard Bartholomew

Hi, Quentin

Sorry for the confusion, I sent a subsequent message to say that I now have it working, thanks.  Don’t know what I didn’t do right the first time round other than, probably, not following procedure correctly but have got it to work now using the automatic detection setting.

Thanks

Richard Bartholomew

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 29 October 2020 01:01
Subject: Re: [nvda] CONNECTING A MANTIS DISPLAY

Hi Richard,

I don't have one handy to test, but according to the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#HumanWareBrailliant it should work.

Quentin.

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

I saw the follow up message after I'd posted mine - it didn't end up in the same "thread" so I missed it before I posted.  I figured I wouldn't clutter things with another message on the heels of that :)

In any case, I'm glad you got things working!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 7:46 PM Richard Bartholomew <rlbart53@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin

Sorry for the confusion, I sent a subsequent message to say that I now have it working, thanks.  Don’t know what I didn’t do right the first time round other than, probably, not following procedure correctly but have got it to work now using the automatic detection setting.

Thanks

Richard Bartholomew

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 29 October 2020 01:01
Subject: Re: [nvda] CONNECTING A MANTIS DISPLAY

Hi Richard,

Quentin.

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew

--

Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen