From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Sommerfeld
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 6:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Connection of pc to Signal messenger or WhatsApp

Hi all.

Is there a better way to connect your pcc to whatsapp or Signal messenger? I mean is there a better way to do that but to scan a QR code?

Reards

Daniel

Sarah k Alawami

Btw your best bet would be the chat group. Go to the sub groups for nvda group on groups.io and look for the heading labeled sub groups, if they did make that public. If not, search for the nvda chat group on groups.io.

Is there a better way to connect your pcc to whatsapp or Signal messenger? I mean is there a better way to do that but to scan a QR code?

Reards

Daniel

Luke Davis

Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:

Is there a better way to connect your pcc to whatsapp or Signal messenger? I mean is there a better way to do that but to scan a QR code?
I don't know, but personally I have found it pretty successful to scan QR codes on my computer screen with my iPhone.

The camera doesn't have to be positioned exactly, and just moving it around slowly with the built-in code scanner running, usually works. That assumes you can use either the built-in code scanner, or can use one in whatever app you're running that is constant pick-up, not point-and-snapshot.

Luke

Brian's Mail list account

I seldom have a screen connected to most of my computers, so I feel their attitude is a little restrictive when most other systems seem to be happy using short texts or sending a code to a separate email address.
Not really nvdas fault, just all part of the fuzzy thinking when it comes to accessibility vs security.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Is there a better way to connect your pcc to whatsapp or Signal messenger? I mean is there a better way to do that but to scan a QR code?
I don't know, but personally I have found it pretty successful to scan QR codes on my computer screen with my iPhone.

The camera doesn't have to be positioned exactly, and just moving it around slowly with the built-in code scanner running, usually works. That assumes you can use either the built-in code scanner, or can use one in whatever app you're running that is constant pick-up, not point-and-snapshot.

Luke

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi Brian and all.

I finally managed to connect my signal to my pc. It works just fine.

But i still have a problem with using it under NVDA.

When i am scrolling through the messages, it still reads buttons and lines when the focus is on a message in a chat window. With the other screenreader, i don't havve that problem. You know, the dhark. :-)

Is there a way to turn that off for NVDA so i can read the messages easier?

Regards

Daniel

Am 24.06.2022 um 09:41 schrieb Brian's Mail list account via groups.io:

I seldom have a screen connected to most of my computers, so I feel their attitude is a little restrictive when most other systems seem to be happy using short texts or sending a code to a separate email address.
Not really nvdas fault, just all part of the fuzzy thinking when it comes to accessibility vs security.
Brian

Sim Kah Yong

Hi Daniel

Try NVDA + Space to switch to browse mode and see if it helps. Thanks.

On 26/6/2022 7:43 pm, Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:
[...]

Hello there.

No it's not that. When entering a signal chet, the NVDA is switching to edit mode. I know that. But when that happens, i can only navigate in an empty edit field. *grins* So i am switching to browse mode but then it reads, what i described in my prior mail.

Regards

Daniel