Topics

Console and NVDA 2019.3 beta 1

Ryan Mann

This morning, I was trying the beta on a Surface Pro running Windows 10 professional. I noticed that when I opened the console and started typing commands, NVDA didn’t automatically read the output. Does anybody else notice this? If nobody else notices, this might be an issue with my machine.

John Isige

I'll check it out. I haven't updated to the beta yet because I was
waiting on Remote like everybody else, but I can update to the beta and
test. I'll try to get to it later tonight.

On 12/9/2019 9:03 PM, Ryan Mann wrote:
This morning, I was trying the beta on a Surface Pro running Windows 10 professional. I noticed that when I opened the console and started typing commands, NVDA didn’t automatically read the output. Does anybody else notice this? If nobody else notices, this might be an issue with my machine.

Tyler Spivey

Press NVDA+5 until it says read dynamic content changes on.

If that didn't fix it, try going into NVDA's advanced settings and disable the UIA console. It's some new feature added recently that still has some bugs to iron out.

On 12/9/2019 7:03 PM, Ryan Mann wrote:
This morning, I was trying the beta on a Surface Pro running Windows 10 professional. I noticed that when I opened the console and started typing commands, NVDA didn’t automatically read the output. Does anybody else notice this? If nobody else notices, this might be an issue with my machine.

John Isige

I can report that it reads the console for me just fine, on a Surface 4
Pro, or at least, that's what this Surface claims to be. My console UIA
support is set to automatic. The checkbox about using legacy text is
checked. These are probably 2019.3-Beta1 default settings, since I
didn't change anything. Hope that helps.