Topics

Copy Command Not Echoed

Glenn / Lenny

Hi All,
Although I too find this to be an annoyance, a friend of mine is constantly bothered by it, so he asked me to see if there is a work-around for this.
This is of course, when you do control + C, it says nothing, and you don't really know if your text was copied until you try pasting it elsewhere.
Is there an add-on or a way to make this speak when something gets put into the clipboard?
Thanks.

Glenn

Cecelia Rodriguez

You can install The add-on Clip speak.

On Feb 3, 2020, at 7:29 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Hi All,
Although I too find this to be an annoyance, a friend of mine is constantly bothered by it, so he asked me to see if there is a work-around for this.
This is of course, when you do control + C, it says nothing, and you don't really know if your text was copied until you try pasting it elsewhere.
Is there an add-on or a way to make this speak when something gets put into the clipboard?
Thanks.

Glenn

Yes:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

I would also suggest that when people want to know whether there's an NVDA add-on that they might want to look at the NVDA Add-Ons Page to find out - FIRST.  That's why it exists.

       ~ Madonna

Gene

Is it updated, or will it be, for the new forthcoming NVDA version?  The Clipspeak page doesn't show anything for a new version under development and the compatibility information says:
2018.3 to 2019.3.

What does that mean?  Does that mean the add-on doesn't need any additional work to remain compatible with the soon to be released version of NVDA?

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2020 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Copy Command Not Echoed

You can install The add-on Clip speak.

On Feb 3, 2020, at 7:29 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Hi All,
Although I too find this to be an annoyance, a friend of mine is constantly bothered by it, so he asked me to see if there is a work-around for this.
This is of course, when you do control + C, it says nothing, and you don't really know if your text was copied until you try pasting it elsewhere.
Is there an add-on or a way to make this speak when something gets put into the clipboard?
Thanks.

Glenn

Ishant Rajput

Hello Glenn, You can use Clipspeak add-on for this.

On 2/4/2020 5:59 AM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Hi All,
Although I too find this to be an annoyance, a friend of mine is constantly bothered by it, so he asked me to see if there is a work-around for this.
This is of course, when you do control + C, it says nothing, and you don't really know if your text was copied until you try pasting it elsewhere.
Is there an add-on or a way to make this speak when something gets put into the clipboard?
Thanks.

Glenn
With warm regards,
Ishant