Copying from HTML tables with NVDA?

Luke Robinett

Whenever I try to copy the contents of a table on a webpage, when I go to paste it into word or a text file, it all pastes sequentially, in other words not as it appeared on the page. If I can navigate by row or column using NVDA, this tells me NVDA can recognize the table structure, so is there a way to copy the table and retain its structure using NVDA? At a minimum, is it possible to select cells vertically so I could copy the contents of a single column? I looked through the docs and did some googling but couldn’t find an answer to this.

See message, Tony's add-ons: updates and new features, on the group archive from Tony Malykh.

He added a feature to the Tony's Enhancements add-on to handle just this eventuality.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Luke Robinett

Excellent! Thank you, Brian.

Luke

On Oct 5, 2022, at 4:00 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

See message, Tony's add-ons: updates and new features, on the group archive from Tony Malykh.

He added a feature to the Tony's Enhancements add-on to handle just this eventuality.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

You're quite welcome.  Found it with an archives search on [copy webpage table]

Searching a Groups.io Topics Page/Archive