Topics

corona software update

Hi all.

This is just a small update in case you either didn't notice, are to sick to notice or to busy shooting zombies in undead-assault.

Skype uwp is being replaced by electron according to winaero.com.

There will be a few things missing but the latest preview for insiders is electron and it will eventually all be from the store.

On one hand we will lose the desktop version but on the other hand, we get a better universal version.

Amd and nvidia have drivers that are updated for this month.

Its worth noting that if you are offered this that on edge it may crash with netflicks, the changelog said microsoft edge but I am unsure if thats chromium or the old edge.

Dropbox has an update.

Some windows versions have an update.

And according to windows update twitter support for windows 1709 on enterprise and business systems is being pushed back to october this year.

More general news on the chat.

I technically could put all of this on chat but thought that I should split the technical and non technical parts of this

hi.
i became worried.
do you mean that desktop version of skype won't work anymore?
i really need skype and wish to use it!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Edited

My patience is very, very, very thin. I've got a question for you. Do you know how to insert links with markdown?

If not, this markdown tutorial will show you how.

If you're sending these from an email client, use the keyboard command, CTRL K, to insert links. To make a hyperlink, select the word/phrase, then hit CTRL K.

How in the bloody world did you not include links with that first message? For others, I've attempted to find articles giving more detail on his hastily and extremely poorly sourced email, but, check below for links. At least, the links I was able to find, anyway.

  1. Looks Like Microsoft is Killing the UWP Version of Skype.
  2. Skype video and Messaging app integration to be replaced by Skype UWP App, but what about mobile?

I couldn't find anything else you were talking about. If anyone else has links, I'd like to see them. The verge hasn't written about this yet, and they are usually really good at extracting vague details Microsoft likes to tease, because, you know, capitalism!

Yes and no.

What it means is that windows universal and desktop skype will become 1 thing.

The universal app is the one getting the chop here.

So everyone will be using what we currently call the desktop app.

It will be managed from the store to.