Could not load the sapi5 synthesizer.

Ahmad

Hi there.
i hope this email finds you guys well.

I'm not sure where to post this but here goes.

I've been having an issue with loading the sapi5 synthesizer.

Everytime I try to select it from the synthisizer's list, I get this error.

Moreover, I can't select any voices from the text to speech setting on the control panel?

I tried using sfc scan on cmd but that didn't help.

Unfortunately, I don't have a restore point that I can restore too.

Is my only option resetting my laptop and doing a fresh install of windows?

Thanks much.

Best regards,

Ahmad.

From your description, this is very unlikely to be an NVDA-related issue, but lies instead with Windows 10 itself.

Try, in order, and stop after any step that fixes the issue:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Gene

Which synthesizer? Have you tried reinstalling it if it is a voice you installed? In addition, as I recall, years ago, I read something about repairing SAPI 5.

I'm not sure where to post this but here goes.

I've been having an issue with loading the sapi5 synthesizer.

Everytime I try to select it from the synthisizer's list, I get this error.

Moreover, I can't select any voices from the text to speech setting on the control panel?

I tried using sfc scan on cmd but that didn't help.

Unfortunately, I don't have a restore point that I can restore too.

Is my only option resetting my laptop and doing a fresh install of windows?

Thanks much.

Best regards,

Ahmad.

Steve Nutt

Yep, before I did any of that, I would first run the Comm Registration Fixing Tool in NVDA Menu >Tools.

It could well solve the problem.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 12:56 PM, Steve Nutt wrote:
I would first run the Comm Registration Fixing Tool in NVDA Menu >Tools.
-
I truly doubt that will make the slightest difference given the information available, but, I absolutely agree that this is such a simple troubleshooting step that it should always be tried.

The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues

I just don't think that this is going to end up being an NVDA issue.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Quentin Christensen

Edited

Without more information as others have said, it's hard to know exactly what is going on.

One other situation which came to mind - I have also seen a couple of SAPI 5 voices which were licensed to one program and would not work in other programs.  This caused problems if they were presented as the first or default SAPI 5 voice.  If that is the case, you would possibly need to uninstall the other program, or you might be able to press NVDA+control+R three times quickly to reset NVDA to factory defaults (as the default synthesizer for NVDA is either OneCore in Windows 10, or eSpeak-NG in earlier versions of Windows).

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen