counting page and word on libra office.

farhan israk

Recently I have seen some discussion regarding libra office here. So, I think this place is appropriate to discuss it here. I have tried it few months ago. that time could not count page and word. does the current version allow to count them with latest nvda?

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 01:47 AM, farhan israk wrote:
So, I think this place is appropriate to discuss it here.
-
It is only appropriate insofar as it's accessibility with NVDA, which has been covered.

The commands to use any feature of Libre Office, Microsoft Office, or any program are not about NVDA, nor any screen reader for that matter.  They're about the program the screen reader is being used to access.

That being the case, it's not on-topic for the main NVDA group.  The Chat Subgroup is perfectly appropriate for questions regarding any software being used with NVDA.  There is also a Libre Office Accessibility group but I don't seem to have the addresses where I can easily find them.

If I knew the commands for word and page count in Libre Office I would have included them here, but I don't.  But any discussion of Libre Office programs and their functions is not on-topic for the NVDA main group.

         ~ Vance Packard

Robert Portal

There is however a not entirely satisfactory work around to this problem possibly available from NVDA itself.

When in a Word document, if you select all (control A) NVDA will tell you how many key-strokes are in the document and if you divide that by 6 you will get a fairly precise estimate of the number of words. I think the document (or chunk of text selected) has to be over 1000 keystrokes (about 167 words) for the figure to be announced. I assume the same keystroke announcement is made in Libra Office Writer although I have never used it.

Of course it doesn’t help much with page numbers.

Best wishes

Robert